Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Rehearsal > Gigs Vortex Thingie

EddiePlaysBass

I always heard that the more a band rehearses, the less gigs they tend to have. I guess for my band that's held true in the past. Recently I have found myself cancelling rehearsals almost weekly (as the "dividend payment season" has come and almost gone, and we have been working like crazy at my job) and lo and behold ! We have 3 confirmed bookings and the drummer is working on a 4th.

The irony of the matter is also that the less I interfere, the more bookings we seem to get. Which is good, because I really never wanted to be responsible for that in the first place, given that I never go anywhere (contrary to the drummer and guitarist) and hardly have any time (contrary to the singer). Guess they figured that out too ... :grin:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get frustrated that only two of the four of us in the rock band do any booking. In fact my wife has booked more gigs for than 2 of them. Just the way it is though.... It can be no fun to try to get bookings. People can be rude. They want nothing to do with you when you suggest that they should book you. When they finally do and you fill the place, you are their best friend.
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Well in all fairness I have booked a great deal of the gigs we've done in the past, but like I said, I'm the one with the least time nor mobility (two guys in the band are "on the road" a lot) and still they expect me to do everything.

Heck, they expect me to do EVERYTHING apparently because today I got a text message from the guitarist, asking if the singer will be able to make rehearsal tomorrow :freak: I sent back the suggestion that he check with the singer and let me know instead ...

Great, now I'm just venting :)

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Archived