Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NI Komplete discounted in July

Aidan

I ordered my copy from Sweetwater and got it Tues. I had a few hiccups activating but that was mostly due to an extremely active server! Since my DAW is offline I used the offline activation method and the server timed out a couple of times when generating my activation file. I also had to uninstall the Service Center that came with the set and installed the latest one from the NI website. Everything is working great now and I'm slowly going through all the manuals one at a time- it's nice to see a company provide actual printed manuals!

I have all the apps set to 96k and am still seeing under 5ms latency...it's not about what OS you are running but the build quality of the machine you are running that OS on, 'nuff said! ;)

Dan and Sven, I hope you get your orders soon! :)

Bill

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to be a cheapa** bas**** or anything (meaning I realize that even $399 is an awesome deal) but does anyone know of any merchants out there that are selling it for $334? That would be the original MF coupon code "MINE" that gave an additional $65 off the $399 price. I managed to pull some funds together to get it at the $324 price but $399 will be stretching my budget and I'd really like to get it before the July 31 deadline. Any help would be much appreciated. I know that MF is out of stock, and I checked AMS and they have them but don't feel obliged to price match since MF is out now.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

I still haven't received mine yet (ordered 2 weeks ago, from Germany I assume).

Mayhaps I should send NI an email to see whether they actually have any left?

I called NI in Los Angeles yesterday and ordered it; they advised that they were getting more stock in on Tuesday, and it would ship then. Not sure if there'll be enough to get mine after yours gets shipped, Dan. ;)

I've been busy enjoying my new home theatre, so I haven't really thought about it much lately.

Genesis in 5.1 is simply jaw dropping.

NI who???

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Gotta love the translations from German:

From the FM8 Manual, talking about the 'Talk Wah' effect.....

"Size adjusts the size of the 'virtual mouth'. When counterclockwise, the mouth is small, like that of a midget. When clockwise, it's like a giant's mouth."

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

"Size adjusts the size of the 'virtual mouth'. When counterclockwise, the mouth is small, like that of a midget. When clockwise, it's like Julia Robert's mouth."

Couldn't resist......

Only one problem with the Genesis 5.1 sets...I want them to release Live and Second's Out

Your wish is granted... :D

Looks like only some of the material will be remixed for 5.1 though (Genesis Live (with bonus tracks from The Lamb!), Seconds Out...and the Live At The Rainbow stuff, which will also include 5.1 mixes of previously unreleased versions of Watcher Of The Skies and The Musical Box. :cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Only one problem with the Genesis 5.1 sets...I want them to release Live and Second's Out

Your wish is granted... :D

Looks like only some of the material will be remixed for 5.1 though (Genesis Live (with bonus tracks from The Lamb!), Seconds Out...and the Live At The Rainbow stuff, which will also include 5.1 mixes of previously unreleased versions of Watcher Of The Skies and The Musical Box. :cool:

dB

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I wonder why only the really 'good stuff' makes it to 5.1?

just a heads up....I installed Komplete 5 and have been messing with the different plug ins...If you plan on using it in ProTools 8, you might want to wait for Komplete 6, as it seems the majority of what comes in komplete 5 is buggy or just doesn't work with ProTools 8 yet.....

Native Instruments appears to be addressing this issue.

Posted at KVR:

Native Instruments has updated FM8 to v1.0.4, which includes the release of a Windows Vista 64 compatible version.

New and improved features:

Compatibility with Windows Vista 64.

Pro Tools compatibility under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Fixes:

Various minor fixes.

---

Native Instruments releases Battery v3.0.5 public beta (for registered users) (10 Jul 2009)

Native Instruments has released a Public Beta version of Battery v3.0.5 for registered Battery users. Battery 3.0.5 brings important technological improvements, including a revised sampling engine and 64-bit support, so the Battery team has decided ... [read more]

More Info

Native Instruments has released a Public Beta version of Battery v3.0.5 for registered Battery users.

Battery 3.0.5 brings important technological improvements, including a revised sampling engine and 64-bit support, so the Battery team has decided to set up a public beta test. This means that, starting immediately, registered Battery 3 owners can download a fully functional 3.0.5 beta version, and submit eventual bug findings to the Battery team over a special "bug tracker" web page. As a Battery user, your main motivation to join the public beta test should be to help make sure that version 3.0.5 is rock solid. This is a pre-release version and should be used with caution in performance-critical environments.

More details on how to participate are available in this thread in the NI Battery Forum.

The Battery v3.0.5 update will include the following improvements:

New and improved features:

64-bit memory addressing for Windows Vista 64.

Step-by-step undo in sample editor.

Fixes:

Improved mouse handling.

Various minor fixes.

---

Native Instruments updates Massive to v1.1.4 (10 Jul 2009)

Native Instruments has updated Massive to v1.1.4. Changes: Compatibility with Windows Vista 64. Pro Tools compatibility under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. New synced LFO mode. Various minor fixes. ... [read more]

More Info

Native Instruments has updated Massive to v1.1.4.

Changes:

New synced LFO mode.

Various minor fixes.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Nicky, I run Komplete 5 with PT 8 (OSX 10.5) with really no issues. I believe all of the instruments have been updated recently: FM8 1.0.4, Massive 1.1.4, Battery 3.0.5 (public beta) and Kontakt 3.5. With Kontakt 3.5, there is a new tab (libraries) which lets you use libraries like Akoustic Piano and Elektrik Piano in Kontakt. If you are running on a mulitcore Mac it's important that you set the number of processors correctly. I use a MacPro 8-core and I run PT 8 at the six proc setting.

Busch.

I've barely launched Kontakt so I'll have to mess with it. I do like the interface of Ak Pno and the different parameters you can tweak, so hopefully you can recreate that in Kontakt. Thanks for your input Busch

According to the NI website, they are sold out of Komplete 5. Seems like a pending update if you ask me. I mean they aren't just sold out of the $399 price units, they won't sell you Komplete 5 at any price.

...oh and my order should be arriving today (So happy!!). NI's online store was back ordered.

GIGO

I just got off the phone with NI; the order I placed with them last week (07/17) was just fulfilled and is shipping; if you're still wanting this, you might want to call NI directly (http://www.native-instruments.com/en/company/contact-ni/) and ask.

Dan, given this, I'd say your order probably shipped today... :thu: (you might want to give them a call just in case).

Not trying to be a cheapa** bas**** or anything (meaning I realize that even $399 is an awesome deal) but does anyone know of any merchants out there that are selling it for $334? That would be the original MF coupon code "MINE" that gave an additional $65 off the $399 price. I managed to pull some funds together to get it at the $324 price but $399 will be stretching my budget and I'd really like to get it before the July 31 deadline. Any help would be much appreciated. I know that MF is out of stock, and I checked AMS and they have them but don't feel obliged to price match since MF is out now.

If you haven't purchased by now, you are probably out of luck.

The promotion ends July 31 or "while supplies last". I am not aware of any U.S. internet retailer that still has them in stock, and the NI webshop is sold out also.

... and the police find his body hanging by a rope in his bedroom studio with a bruised arse from kicking himself in it because he waited too long to grab the software deal of the year.

Can a say SHIT around here and not get banninated?

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

... and the police find his body hanging by a rope in his bedroom studio with a bruised arse from kicking himself in it because he waited too long to grab the software deal of the year.

Can a say SHIT around here and not get banninated?

Did you take my advice and call NI directly? I placed my order on July 17, and it was just shipped yesterday.

Before you secure the rope, that is... ;)

I ordered mine via the NI website store on 7/20, and the next time I checked the site, like a day or 2 later, I saw it was listed as out of stock, and my credit card hadn't been charged. So I'd kind of resigned myself to having missed this deal. But I just got an email this morning that it should be shipping on 7/29. Yay! Good thing I hadn't yet implemented plan b.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

It arrived this morning, 8AM.

Wife, kids, dog, all sleeping.......

I got a call around 8:03........ :eek:

Customs was nice enough to slap a $65 duty fee on the package (wife scrambling for credit card).

How do they justify that kind of tariff on a $400 item? :mad:

I shall look into this.

Guess I'm doing some installs ce soir. :thu:

So I'm doing the install, got to Kontakt 3: Disc C, received an error message that a certain "file could not be found", pressed OK, and the install shut down. :freak: Now WTF do I do?

Anyone else have any install problems?

Grrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

Update: Loaded up Cubase, and it looks like Akoustic & Electrik Piano, Reactor, FM8, Massive, & even Kontakt have installed, except Kontakt is missing a big chunk of it's library. I'm copying the rest of the folders over manually, so hopefully everything will be ok.....

Archived