Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Remember Me" function not working for me

dongna

Each time I visit this forum, I have to log in. When I do so, I always click the "Remember me each visit" box. Yet, each time I return, I have to log in again.

Is this feature broken for anyone else? If not, can anyone help me with this? I'm using Windows XP Pro and Firefox.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'm sure I have cookies enabled. In Firefox, I clicked Tools > Options, then Privacy tab. The "Accept cookies from sites" box is checked, as is the "Accept third-party cookies".

I suspected that I might have a bad cookie or a cookie conflict or something, so I also clicked "Show Cookies" and deleted all the cookies for this web site. I then re-logged on, once again clicking the "Remember Me" box. I then logged off, went to a different site, and when I returned here I had to log in once again.

If you log out, it won't remember you.

Yes, I see that, thanks.

But I'm almost certain that I have left this forum previously without logging out (it's not like I make a habit out of logging out before leaving-- I just did it this morning as part of my test). Perhaps clearing out the old cookies and having the site re-create them has fixed the problem (should have thought of that before posting).

Anyways, I'll see how it goes now. Thanks to you and Sven for the help.

Each time I visit this forum, I have to log in. When I do so, I always click the "Remember me each visit" box. Yet, each time I return, I have to log in again.

Reminds me of a few dates I had in college. :sick:

("Hi. I'm Tom. I met you at Joe's party last week. We left and went back to your place. Mumember me?")

Of course, that was the seventies. :rolleyes:

I blame it on the times. :cool:

MikeT - YOU remember those, right? (Sorry I had to single you out Mike. But if I had to make a list of all the folks here who don't remember the seventies (for one reason or another), it would have taken forever!)

Right Sven? :laugh:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

It's been so long since I've logged out, that when I encounter a computer that I haven't been on before, I have a hard time remembering my password.

'Course, at my age, that could just be CRS syndrome.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

It's been so long since I've logged out, that when I encounter a computer that I haven't been on before, I have a hard time remembering my password.

You grew up in the seventies, dintcha Ronnie? :laugh:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

If you log out, it won't remember you.

Yes, I see that, thanks.

But I'm almost certain that I have left this forum previously without logging out (it's not like I make a habit out of logging out before leaving-- I just did it this morning as part of my test). Perhaps clearing out the old cookies and having the site re-create them has fixed the problem (should have thought of that before posting).

Anyways, I'll see how it goes now. Thanks to you and Sven for the help.

How did it go? I also had this problem. It was with all websites with log ins. I eventually found a fix that had to do with renaming the file on my computer where cookies are stored. I can look it up if you need.

I seem to recall that the problem started after a new version of Firefox came out. Now I have an even newer version 3.0.11 and maybe they fixed the bug?

I like to move it, move it (except The Wurly which can be a bit temperamental and the 122 for obvious reasons)

How did it go?

It seems to be working just fine now.

Since you're using Firefox as well, I suggest you follow the notes I posted earlier to delete the cookies for any web sites where you have login issues. I think that's what was causing my problems. The next time you log in, the site will recreate fresh cookies (mmmm... fresh cookies) and you should be all set from that point on.

Archived