Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good, balanced/responsible interview/discussion on MJ's life

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/30/michael_jackson_1958_2009_the_life

The story/interview speaks for itself. A responsible adult level of discourse with rational thought trumping raw emotionalism. Both the good and the bad are covered, in the neutral sort of way that a truly professional journalist should strive towards.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, James Baldwin was an incredible writer with great insight into human character and motivation, as well as a great observer of the human situation and societal trends. I really need to collect his works and read them in chronological order.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

"...I think you get a real sense of Michael Jacksons psyche with that great Black [or] White video, where suddenly theres the technology there that allows us to see whats in his mind about this kind of morphing together of humanity..."

From the lion-growl/synth bass connection to the references to humanity's wild nature to the pan-cultural romp to "I ain't scared of no sheets!" to the Satue of Liberty stage set to the final morph-o-rama, this remains a statement that took Jackson out of the realm of mere entertainer & into an area that too few of those with whom he's grouped tred.

Black or White

d=halfnote

Archived