Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just Plain Folks Nominations.

alfonso

Does anyone know anything about the JPFolks organization? As a CDBaby seller I had submitted my (our) CD "Experience of Space" info to them as suggested by CD Baby themselves and the song "Vesuvio" has been nominated as Best Ambient song for 2009.

http://www.jpfolks.com/default.php?page=awards#

I have no idea if this is an important thing or not, but well, a bunch of songs have been selected between 560k, as they say! That's not bad, really....in the Ambient group there are 20 nominations...it tickles my ego quite a bit... :)

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also nominated in the ambient category (for both album and song). I was a little confused, as the album that was nominated came out five years ago, and I had never heard of the contest and hadn't sent anything in to them. I have to assume the record company that put out the CD sent it in before they folded. At first, I thought it might be one of those contest scams (where you "win" as long as you send them money"), but I e-mailed them, got an immediate response, and the guy knew exactly which CD was mine (my CD is a double CD where you can play each on at the same time), and filled me in on the contest. Although I had never heard of it, they've been around for several years, have corporate sponsors, and just want to help promote lesser-known music.

Jonathan

Archived