Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A blast from the past that surprized me...-

picker

I was checking out some moldy oldies, and happened across this. It's been a lot of years, but it's much, much better than I remembered. The drum track just kills. Yeah, it's a novelty tune, but it rocks harder than a lot of stuff that's come out since.

[video:youtube]

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cool::thu: Hah! True. Vivacious, lively vintage rocker, and really not much more a "novelty" than, say, many a Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley song, albeit a bit lighter in the guitar-dept than either of them.

Love the slide-show vid, as well! Especially the kids at the burger joint with their customized bicycles, and Thela's plenty easy on the eyes. (Or was "Thela" the car... ? Naaa... )

And now, for some "covers"...

Sorta "semi-live" (unless there's a hidden drummer, pianist, and flutest, at the very least), but apparently with real-live guit-tar ("You got it, Tito!" :D ), bass, and vocals (great pipes, Michael!):

Guitar tone and style like Clapton, clothes like George Harrison, and dance-steps and vocals like... well, the Jacksons! Micheal's seeming almost tired in comparison to the earlier performance, though...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Not as swinging as the drums on "Rocking Robin" (more clipped 4/4) but since I heard it a few years back, I've always thought the rhythm track on "It's my Party" (Leslie Gore) is pretty happening.

Check the drum riff going into the refrains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbsz1Ha7Zo

d=halfnote

Not as swinging as the drums on "Rocking Robin" (more clipped 4/4) but since I heard it a few years back, I've always thought the rhythm track on "It's my Party" (Leslie Gore) is pretty happening.

Check the drum riff going into the refrains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbsz1Ha7Zo

I always thought that song actually had some pretty happenin' melody/harmony arrangement work in the verses, ripe to be borrowed from...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived