Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday Maestro Marino (Carlo)

ProfD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy Birthday Carlo ... and 50 isn't so bad. I hit it myself back in January! Enjoy!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Once again, thanks a lot to all Cornerers who posted.

Geoff - thanks for 'clearing the path'... (also Rabid and Midinut!) Mark shouldn't have any problems now! :D

Tusk - I had thought to do one of my "concerts for friends", but this time, I'll play some music *with* my friends!

Neil - no stairlift needed for now... I'll write you soon. ;)

Steve LB- Thanks a lot. You always bring good memories to me, and gratitude. Same for Byron, Menno, and all the other forumites with whom I hanged in L.A.

Al - your Italian is perfect!

Steve K, Dave F, and everybody who stopped to drop a few lines - I really appreciated it. Thanks a million!

Strangely, now that I'm officially an old man, I can't feel much difference from yesterday...ahem. :freak::D

Happy birthday Carlo, the 5-0 club just got a GREAT upgrade.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Thanks Roger and Ken!

and of course Jim, Sue, Roland, Yannis, Joe, Prof, Kanker, Tim, Linwood, Tony, Dave H., Mr.Nightime (you must be my secret cousin...), Mike Martin (hi Mike!), Cliff, James, MonksDream, Noah, Still Learning (as for a few others, we actually met in L.A., without having the chance to really hang), wmp, Aidan, and all the others I didn't mention by name the first time! :)

Carlo,

I saw this thread only today (was absent from the Internet for a couple of days...)

I hope that you had a great birthday!

Ciao

Andrea

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Again, thanks, Moi, Daviel, Andrea...

I'm just back from the big party. 5am here. Fortunately, tomorrow is a holiday for the city of Rome, so very few committments ahead.

What a party... one of the best ever. Alfonso played the organizer with nonchalance; as for me, after spending the first part of the day cooking, I enjoyed a wonderful dinner with a little army of old and new friends, followed by a few hours jamming on every possible type of music (mostly jazz, from Wave to In A Silent Way - but also Chicago blues, Psychedelia, Zawinul-style grooves...). I relied on my Kurz ME-1 for piano sounds, playing an Oberheim master provided by Alf... everybody seemed to have a great time.

Actually, I still have a bit of an hangover... better get some sleep! :)

I had really good time...I could enjoy great chops from Carlo and his (now mine too) friends, and they have been really nice and down to earth guys....I'm not a classic jazz player at all, and I was fine to listen their sessions as I love jazz anyway, but they have been so kind to play also some different stuff to allow me to feel comfortable with my strat and tweed amp on some blues and fusion. Fortunately they also played some wonderful classics that I was absolutely happy to enjoy from the sofa.

Great great party....this morning no complains from the neighbors, we played until 2:30 A.M., but maybe because the music was good!

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

Archived