Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday Maestro Marino (Carlo)

ProfD

The man who burns up piano and KBs from Italy to the Reharm thread turns 50 years old today. :thu:

Hopefully, there is a way to move the b-day wishes from the "You Know You're Old" thread to this one.

That way cats don't have to retype it. Show your love. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure D, start a new thread. Make the rest of us look lame...

(Happy Birthday again Carlo ;) )

:D

Not my intention. Just didn't want Marino's b-day wishes buried in an "old" thread. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Happy Birthday, Carlo.

Hope you have a wonderful day. And remember, 50 is not really that old.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Somewhat late in the day, Carlo - just got back from a gig - but hope you had a good one!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Just remember I was the first one to wish you happy birthday in the other thread! ;)

I looked up the words to Happy Birthday once in Italian, but I have no idea now.

But most importantly, Happy Birthday Carlo!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Wow, THANKS everybody!!

Actually, my birthday has started a couple of hours ago (it's 2:30am here), but since I was born at 1am, your timing is absolutely perfect! :)

To read this thread after a long and tiring day has been great, my friends. You should see the big smile on my face.

I'll be too busy to celebrate properly tonight/tomorrow, but I have several nice things in program:

- Friday night, dinner with a few friends;

- Saturday night, enjoying the concert of my friends of Banco (historical Italian prog group, rivals of PFM) in a beautiful ancient outdoor environment;

- Sunday, dinner party with music!

I even also have a further dinner scheduled next week, for all the friends who couldn't make it to any of the previous events!

Plus, the Sunday party will have a strong Keyboard Corner connotation... in the person of mr. Alfonso, who's kindly supplying his nice house for the event. (thank you again, Alf!)

Fifty years old... the thought is scary, but frankly, I'm feeling pretty great (touch wood). Yeah, I started wearing glasses too. :D And the belly is dangerously out of control (aarghh). But despite these minor things, and the horrible situation of music in the world (in Italy is even worse than elsewhere, for many reasons), I'm feeling full of enthusiasm and projects.

Of course, this is also thanks to the fact that I've got great friends. I mean, I've got GREAT friends! They *never* left me alone in the darkest moments. And please, allow me to consider my KC friends as part of my 'real' friends. The recent L.A. trip certainly helped in looking at you all as such. My only hope is to be able to return your friendship properly!

Ok, enough sentimentalism for today.. :D I'll be back soon with celebration reports from sunny Rome. :)

Again, thanks everybody!

Carlo

Archived