Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Axiom Pro Controller

Nicky

anyone using one of these yet? It's supposed to have a semi-weighted action, wondering how that would feel playing organ. It's supposed to be great for controlling a DAW, but how is it for gigging with something like Mainstage? How are the sliders for drawbars?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't tried the Axiom Pro yet, but if the action is the same as the original Axiom, it's excellent for organ. The keys have a very small, like 1/8 inch lip on the edge, I wish they had just made them waterfall keys, but otherwise it's a great feeling keyboard, far better than any other M-Audio keybed, which have been justly reviled around here.

I use my Axiom with a pretty complicated laptop based setup using Brainspawn Forte as a host, and it works great. I would imagine that the auto-mapping features of the Pro might make some of the custom programming I've done unnecessary.

I go mine right after they were released and have played probably hundreds of gigs with it. Other than very occaisionally losing the custom programs (like twice since I've had it, and easily fixed by reloading them from the included editor program), it's been a great keyboard. I'm kind of lusting after the Pro, but not sure if the new features are worth the price increase.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Archived