Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You know you're getting old when:.......

MikeT156

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted by Miket156

Wow, even I'm not old enough to remember that! :rawk:

Mike T.

Yes you are... you just don't mumember! :sick::laugh:

:D

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

You have instruments that have outlasted 8 moves, 4 cats, a drunk visitor, a marriage and a partial housefire.

You moved into a trailer for a while because you would not pawn your MS-20 for the rent.

You still have Moog brochures from 1978 in the bottom of a rat-gnawed box.

You sit at your rig and your knees make sounds like monkeys

were going at them with tiny baseball bats.

You have a 20+-year-old Ensoniq sustain pedal that still works.

You still have the 3rd issue of Keyboard in the box with the Moog brochures.

I COMPLAINED BECAUSE I HAD NO FAIRLIGHT, UNTIL I MET A MAN WHO HAD NO THEREMIN.

by humannoyed:

Back on topic:

You know you are old when music-on-hold meant you had stopped practicing, picked up the phone and waited for the operator to come on and ask you what number you wanted her to ring...

Day

I am, but I lived out in the sticks. I remember when STD (subscriber trunk dialing, not what you were thinking - before that to get a long distance call you had to talk to the long distance operator, you got exactly 3 minutes and it cost a bomb) was introduced in Australia.

Wow, even I'm not old enough to remember that! :rawk:

Mike T.

You have to fight the urge to admonish a person for getting even the slightest buzz anywhere within 10 ft of 'your soberness'!

'yes your soberness'.... 'I will fetch it right away my soberness' .... When you want to hear people say things like this to you or afraid people won't see you as 'your soberness', you know your getting old!

Sorry, sad true in many ways! :D

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Archived