Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who'da thunk a music festival would cost me a guitar....

RumpleCragstan

Still, you can also be thankful you survived the accident.

No, I don't like thieves, either, and agree that lots of "music fans" don't care about the musicians, other than to idolize them, in some cases. No thanks...

Leave my instruments alone in a car? No way Jose... certainly not here in NYC! (Most NYers are reasonably honest, but a small percentage of thieves among millions of people is still a lot of lowlifes!)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leave my instruments alone in a car? No way Jose... certainly not here in NYC! (Most NYers are reasonably honest, but a small percentage of thieves among millions of people is still a lot of lowlifes!)

Yeah, see its not like that around here... decently small city (about 20k people) and we had to leave the car in the middle of nowhere... like there couldn't have been more than a few hundred people passing it the entire time it was there, and almost all of those people would have been going to the same festival I was... other than that, the road is hardly ever used; its a freaking logging road.

Yep, I play the gee-tar

Still, if it were me, (and it weren't) I would have bagged the show and got my instrument to safety before I continued on to any other pursuit, even if I had to carry the thing 20 miles walking.

But you know I come from the East Coast in New Jersey, so I don't leave anything to "trust" or to chance.

Unfortunately, the lead from my girlfriend's ex turned up nothing.

I gave him a photo of my guitar to double-check with the item he'd been offered, and turns out its not the same one.

Back to the drawing board!

Yep, I play the gee-tar

You're gonna draw yourself a guitar?

(Just tryna pull you out of it for a bit...)

I really know this has got to bug you.

I do hope you get a return...was there any sort of records you had?

Serial 3s, etc. ?

Insurance ?

d=halfnote

Unfortunately, the lead from my girlfriend's ex turned up nothing.

I gave him a photo of my guitar to double-check with the item he'd been offered, and turns out its not the same one.

Back to the drawing board!

Hmn; what's the possibility that...

...it's also a stolen guitar...

...and...

...maybe he's got other stolen guitars... and maybe... ?

Could be worth a follow-up; did you happen to inform the police that are already supposed to be on your case about this allegedly shady guy that approached your girlfriend's ex?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

be sure to inform all your pawn and music stores in the area.

and check them regularly.

it just might show up.

I thought both my guitar were gone forever, but they showed up and the dude got busted. not only that but the probation officer interviewed me before he went to court and asked me what i thought was a reasonable punishment. It was a 16 yr old kid who had never been in trouble before. I had to buy the 1 guitar back from the music store so i asked for the money i spent buying that. I asked for indefinate probation until i was paid and his community service was done. the Judge agreed with me and that is the sentence that was served. it took the kid 6 months to pay me back the $875. he was paid only $150 for the guitar(the store is some kid of rip off artist i guess). I hope he learned his lesson. time will tell.

Why do you lay down? I say that it beats standing up! whats got you feeling so down? I hold up my empty cup!

be sure to inform all your pawn and music stores in the area.

I thought both my guitar were gone forever, but they showed up and the dude got busted.

I had to buy the 1 guitar back from the music store...

it took the kid 6 months to pay me back the $875. he was paid only $150 for the guitar(the store is some kid of rip off artist i guess).

I'd kinda like to know what store that was- to be absolutely sure to completely avoid it!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

the store was Red House Music in Hastings Nebraska.

there is some wierd law here that protects pawnshops and such.

that if they buy something that turns up being stolen it is there property now. to get your property back you have to buy it from the store and the state will get your money from the criminal who stole your property. if you don't buy it back they will get the money that the property was worth. the guitar meant enough to me to buy it back and wait for my money. it is kind of a bunch of crap. I was like who protects me. the pawn shop can suck eggs as far as i am concerned. they should be more careful to not buy stolen property. just my opinion.

Why do you lay down? I say that it beats standing up! whats got you feeling so down? I hold up my empty cup!

How would a pawnshop know that the property was stolen? Is there some kind of online registry that they can check to see if an item was reported stolen to the police? Of course, you can go and inform them personally, as one of the posters suggested.

But I agree that the victim of theft should not be victimized further by local laws.

How would a pawnshop know that the property was stolen? Is there some kind of online registry that they can check to see if an item was reported stolen to the police? Of course, you can go and inform them personally, as one of the posters suggested.

But I agree that the victim of theft should not be victimized further by local laws.

The way that's done is you record serial #s, take photos of item & furnish thiose to police when filing theft reports, both with police & insurance comapnies.

You're also best taking that info to every nearby business that might be approached for unloading the items.

d=halfnote

Archived