Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check it out - River City Gang music video w/me!

eric

I've posted about this band I've been supporting for the past several months and we had some high-profile gigs and so forth. The band is really just a couple of singer/songwriters fronting it, with a rhythm section backing it up, but we did get a little tiny bit of face time in the video. You can see some Nord action here. :snax:

http://rivercitygang.com/video.html

Regards,

Eric

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEE-HAW!!!

At first listen, I thought I was getting a Steve Earle "Copperhead Road" cover. I really liked the song, and I am NOT a country music fan. That says a lot.

Yunz guyz would go over really well in Pittsburgh as country is HUGE here. Congrats!

At first listen, I thought I was getting a Steve Earle "Copperhead Road" cover. I really liked the song, and I am NOT a country music fan. That says a lot.

That was my reaction too. Sounds good and looks like fun!

With the Calgary Stampede starting in about a week, I'd better start learning some country tunes! :rawk:

Jamie

Very nice, E! :thu:

I liked that song when I first heard in on the RCG website, and I still do. Playing that kind of music, though, I'm wondering if you've been filling your iPod lately with Steve Nathan's back catalog to cop some licks? ;)

Noah

Very Nice. Love the full package: your singer's voice. the songwriting ... and you guys look like you are having a great time!

Um, You look a little different without the canoe and the leslie but ... :thu:

Great Job! Good video, good song.

Eric, I know you are doing gigs with these guys, did you also record the keyboard parts on this recording?

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Nice Eric! But it sounds more like Nashville than Texas to me, Steve.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I am not a country fan, but that's a really cool song and video. The video feels particularly sophisticated, conveying the energy of a clearly great live band, and making the point of the song. Great stuff.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

No, I said it "looks" like Texas, but it does sound something like Nashville.

My band video looks like Nashville but sounds like Mars. :rawk:

At least it didn't sound like Uranus!

No, I said it "looks" like Texas, but it does sound something like Nashville.
Oh okay. I'm of the contention that just about anything can look like Texas, since we have just about everything here. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived