Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonar 3, the real story?

Here's a couple of questions about S3 that haven't been addressed. 1.) Did they fix the way "takes" are done and make it more like Nuendo and Vegas so I can stack takes without loop recording, and pick the take I want to listen and edit. 2.) Does the mix buss sound like Nuendo/SX or at least better than it used to.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Sid Viscous: [b] 2.) Does the mix buss sound like Nuendo/SX or at least better than it used to.[/b][/quote]The internal mix bus was what pretty much not happenening for me with Nuendo,maybe something to do with floating point math errors,I'm not sure.I never had that problem with Sonar.Nuendo and SX have nice play back engines though,as long as you remain there,or mix out.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Sid Viscous: [b]Here's a couple of questions about S3 that haven't been addressed. 1.) Did they fix the way "takes" are done and make it more like Nuendo and Vegas so I can stack takes without loop recording, and pick the take I want to listen and edit. 2.) Does the mix buss sound like Nuendo/SX or at least better than it used to.[/b][/quote]You can stack takes by choosing "record takes on sperate tracks" in the recording dialogue.

[quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Sid Viscous: [b]Here's a couple of questions about S3 that haven't been addressed. 1.) Did they fix the way "takes" are done and make it more like Nuendo and Vegas so I can stack takes without loop recording, and pick the take I want to listen and edit. 2.) Does the mix buss sound like Nuendo/SX or at least better than it used to.[/b][/quote]You can stack takes by choosing "record takes on sperate tracks" in the recording dialogue.[/b][/quote]As far as I know that only works in "loop" mode so it's useless most if not all of the time. If you stop recording and start over it won't stack it.

[quote]Originally posted by Sid Viscous: [b] [quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Sid Viscous: [b]Here's a couple of questions about S3 that haven't been addressed. 1.) Did they fix the way "takes" are done and make it more like Nuendo and Vegas so I can stack takes without loop recording, and pick the take I want to listen and edit. 2.) Does the mix buss sound like Nuendo/SX or at least better than it used to.[/b][/quote]You can stack takes by choosing "record takes on sperate tracks" in the recording dialogue.[/b][/quote]As far as I know that only works in "loop" mode so it's useless most if not all of the time. If you stop recording and start over it won't stack it.[/b][/quote]So what is the problem with setting a loop? You could make it loop the whole tune, no? Or you could set up one track as required to record and then clone that track a bunch of times. Then each consecutive take, just "record"("R") arm the next empty cloned track as you make your way through the takes thus saving them all in a verticle manner.

[quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Sid Viscous: [b] [quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b]
quote:
Originally posted by Sid Viscous: Here's a couple of questions about S3 that haven't been addressed. 1.) Did they fix the way "takes" are done and make it more like Nuendo and Vegas so I can stack takes without loop recording, and pick the take I want to listen and edit. 2.) Does the mix buss sound like Nuendo/SX or at least better than it used to.[/b][/quote]You can stack takes by choosing "record takes on sperate tracks" in the recording dialogue.[/b][/quote]As far as I know that only works in "loop" mode so it's useless most if not all of the time. If you stop recording and start over it won't stack it.[/b][/quote]So what is the problem with setting a loop? You could make it loop the whole tune, no?
I could make it loop a whole 4 minute song to do a 15 secind part but it's a little unpredictable how long it'll take to explain what was wrong with the take I'm trying to replace. Most other programs will stack, and only play back what is on top instead of playing everything on the track. If it just let me stop and start the recording manually, it wouldn't be so bad.

It'll loop between the loop points and keep stacking, just like you want. Easy as pie really, consult the manual. If you want to stack in a 20 second segment, then just set your loops there and fire away. Am I missing something here?

Archived