Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jimmy Bowskill - 18 and Rockin' the Blues

Fingerstyle_Jim

I went to a festival in Belleville Ontario yesterday and saw six acts, Jimmy Bowskill came on second and at 18 years of age handled the lead vocals and guitar with just a drummer and bass player behind him. He's good at both singing and playing and has a lot of the Southern Rock/Blues licks down plus he pushes it up a few notches with volume, distortion and a sense of exploration that produced some very explosive sounds. He's one to watch. Also on the bill were Theory of a Dead Man who put on good show, along with Our Lady Peace, Hedley, Blue Rodeo and The Parlour Mob. All the acts were good but all had a few rough spots with vocals and the odd glitch that comes with playing live, except Hedley. I can't say I like thier music much but they were so tight musically and the lead singer never missed, even while twirling across the stage and kicking a giant beach ball back and forth with the crowd. Other than the fact that this was an outdoor event and it rained pretty much the whole time it was a good day.

Jim

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard Blue Rodeo do a song called "Pirahna Pool" some time in the late 80's, and I really liked it, but I haven't been able to find it since. Their albums aren't easy to find south of the Canadian border.

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived