Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ie 8 warning

However, IE wouldn't even be in my system were it not for a few sites for which I HAVE to have ActiveX capabilities in order to interact.

We run a lot of ActiveX...and then, there are many other things here that are IE-specifc and that crash on other browsers...so for us, it's really not a question of which is the *better* briowsers...it's more a question of which works for our computing environment.

Not even sure why we are debtaing which is *better*...?

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Craig...you've been taking little pot shots at me throughout this thread too...I just don't make a big deal about it.

So like...if you throw out the first dig...then youre NOT a troll..???

As always, it's a two-way street...so don't play the troll card now just 'cuz you disagree with my perspectives and 'cuz you haven't changed my mind about yours...that's getting old.

You can't go back-n-forth with someone for a bunch of posts...and then call them a troll in the end.

You seemed to be very eager to debate me.

Miro, if this was the first incident, I would call it a healthy debate. With you, everything I type in this forum, you feel the need to have the opposite opinion on.

I have given you MANY warnings and turned a blind eye to a lot of complaints, simply because you have been here a long time. To be honest, I'm getting tired of standing up for you while you relentlessly attack me.

Not even sure why we are debtaing which is *better*...?

There's no debate. IE is inferior to every other browser on the market for security, stability, features, functionality, and speed.

The fact that you need it because you work with a lot of ActiveX (which is a Microsoft proprietary language, and hence doesn't work at all on most other browsers) doesn't change the fact that it's a piece of trash.

You just happen to be stuck working with it because it has something that you need.

That doesn't make it better, it just makes you chained to it.

Here is the link if you want to try it out:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

I'll definitely check that out. I only access those sites 1-2 times per month, so having a quick addon in FF that makes them work would be a major bonus over keeping IE in my system.

Here is the link if you want to try it out:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

I'll definitely check that out. I only access those sites 1-2 times per month, so having a quick addon in FF that makes them work would be a major bonus over keeping IE in my system.

The best part is, it stores a list of the sites you use the IE tab for so the next time you go back, it automatically and seamlessly uses the IE engine. Nothing to click or select etc. All done automatically.

Archived