Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NE3 Gig Bag

lowerhodes

I will be receiving a NE3 61 key tomorrow. I have read that it will not fit in the Nord bag I have for my NE2. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Also - Is it a violation of forum policy to endorse a particular musical retailer? I ask because I have done a lot of business with numerous big chains, Mom and Pop's and internet sellers over the years and have been very pleasantly surprised by the excellent service I've recently received from a national dealer and thought I would share it.

Fender Rhodes (x4) / Wurlitzer 200A / NE3 61 / Motif XS6 / Korg SV-1 73

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it a violation of forum policy to endorse a particular musical retailer?

:)

No.

Not if you don't mind dB using his frequent flier miles to send a friend over to chop off a finger for each musical retailer you mention.

No worries.

Do it.

Do it now.

:evil:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

My NE3 73 fits just fine in the standard NE2 73 Nord Bag (GB73).....I'm sure your new NE3 61 will fit just fine, with a bit of space at each end.....no worries! :thu:

Consider a hard shell if others handle your boards, though.

That would be odd...here are the published Nord specs:

NE3 61 = 35.4 x 3.9 x 11.8

NE2 61 = 35.4 x 3.8 x 11.6

I guess you will find out tomorrow.....at least you've got a good (and inexpensive) alternative! :thu:

The NE3 61 DOES NOT fit in the NE2 61 bag! I found out the hard way. It's real close, but it won't happen.

The new bag you'll need to get is the Nord GB61. I ordered mine from a place called ScitScat Music in Florida. I have no affiliation with them, but they gave me a great price, reasonable shipping, and they had the bag before any of the big retailers did.

Good luck!

It is possible to squeeze the NE3 into the NE2 gig bag. VERY TIGHT, but possible. I have done it several times. The squared off corners make it tough. I mainly use a flight case (custom built for my NE2 about 7 years ago) and it fits beautifully.

You may want a different solution in the long run, but you can make it work.

VERY TIGHT, but possible.

OUCH! I think I may own a NE2 gigbag then! Darn retailer, I asked for the NE3 one. Never been able to tell the difference. Heck... Well, yes, it's remotely possible. Just thought they made a damn tight bag.

When in doubt, superimpose pentatonics.

I have the nord ata red case for the NE3 73, which by the way is really just a "rockcase by warwick" but it was backordered 2 months. I actually just received it last week. Im not sure that case was made for the NE3 because it fits so tight you cant even get your fingers in to pull it out. The NE3 is 1/4" larger in the depth dimension, I would like to see the depth dimension revised in the case to be a tad bigger.Tight is good, yeah, but not that tight

NE273...44W x 11.5D x 4H

NE373...44.1W x 11.8D x 3.9H

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

My Electro 3 Seventy Three would NOT fit in my Electro 2 bag. There is some confusion about the bags though. My bag actually was stenciled Electro 2, and I had to really fight to squeeze the E3 in there, but I couldn't zip it.

I got a 73 bag with my Electro 3 that did not have anything stenciled on it, and it was definitely a Nord bag, but the E3 fit fine in there.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I have the nord ata red case for the NE3 73, which by the way is really just a "rockcase by warwick" but it was backordered 2 months. I actually just received it last week. Im not sure that case was made for the NE3 because it fits so tight you cant even get your fingers in to pull it out. The NE3 is 1/4" larger in the depth dimension, I would like to see the depth dimension revised in the case to be a tad bigger.Tight is good, yeah, but not that tight

NE273...44W x 11.5D x 4H

NE373...44.1W x 11.8D x 3.9H

Those cases were ordered by the previous Nord distributor for the NE2 series. They are not Nord products, nor were they designed to fit the NE3
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Yup, my bag has no logo, but it is a Nord bag. I got it just the other day from Nova Musik and the box it came in was from the old Nord distributor (Armadillo). The model marked on the box is "GB73 gigbag for Nord Electro 2.73".

I noticed that the box was rather battered when it arrived and looked like it had been around awhile.

The NE3 definately fits, snuggly, and zips up just fine.

I think the non-logo bags were actually designed for the Stage Compact (which also was a little larger than the Electro 2), and became Nord's "universal" 73 gig bag. It'll fit the Stage Compact and Electro 3, as well as the Electro 2.

But from what I've seen, the "logo bags" won't fit a Stage Compact or Electro 3.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

My NE2 gig bag (61 version) is one that I got way back when I first picked up my NE2 7 years ago. I can cram the NE3 61 into it, but like I mentioned, it is very tight. Probably like me trying to zip up the zipper on pants I wore in middle school.

I think the non-logo bags were actually designed for the Stage Compact (which also was a little larger than the Electro 2), and became Nord's "universal" 73 gig bag.

Actually, the non-logo gig bags were made by us (Armadillo) -- well, they were made by Warwick for us, but same thing -- as an alternative to Clavia's bags.

Once upon a time, Nord gig bags were inexpensive, but Clavia raised the price on them. The brand-name bags would have started at around $130 street price in order for anyone to make any money on them at all, factoring in freight costs. So we went to Warwick, asked them to make similar red gig bags, and got them at much better prices, so we could maintain their affordability. (Clavia didn't mind at the time, but we couldn't put 'Nord' on them for obvious trademark reasons.)

But when the new bags shipped out, there became a great unrest in the kingdom. The people wanted the bags with the logo on them, and weren't happy about the lighter red color. So we worked out a deal with Clavia that would allow us to get the brand-name bags at their previous low prices. It took some time, but they eventually came through.

Lo, the first giant shipment of the logo bags arrived this autumn -- sadly, many 61s and 73s in the shipment had been manufactured a mite small. They fit the Electro2s, but wouldn't fit the upcoming 3s. The factory, to make up for its mistake, shipped us replacements that were made to spec; the replacement bags would fit the Electro3s, but only if you crammed the keyboard inside.

(Note -- the red hard cases have always been made by Armadillo, designed way before the Electro3s were announced. We've tried to be as forward as possible regarding the fact that the 3s do not fit in the 61 and 73 hard cases, so if you do manage to stuff one inside, please know that you do so at your own risk.)

(Also -- further questions about the bags should be directed at AM&S.)

As I said earlier, if you can stand to put your red keyboard in a black case, the $30 49 key bag from music123.com is perfect for the NE3-61. For the price, it can't be beat.
My band Thousand Houses: www.thousandhouses.com

(Note -- the red hard cases have always been made by Armadillo, designed way before the Electro3s were announced. We've tried to be as forward as possible regarding the fact that the 3s do not fit in the 61 and 73 hard cases, so if you do manage to stuff one inside, please know that you do so at your own risk.)
Yeah? Just when I thought Ive done my homework..... Well im a customer who bought the hardcase specifically for the NE3.

Where is this literature customers could have seen this warning?

Now im wondering what the possible damage there could be to the board or case.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

Archived