Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cool gig for you Bay Area folks

Jonathan Herrera

Hi all.

Somehow, in the midst of what has been a staggering mountain of work for the past few months, I'm managing to play a lot of music. I don't sleep much.

Anyway, one of the cool projects I've been working on is a new trio called Levy's Love Lounge. The personnel:

Eric Levy, keyboards--Eric is in Garaj Mahal. He's also done a lot of other great things with people you've heard of. He's an enigmatic mix of soulful, gospel-drenched, funk-meister (think Richard Tee, Donny Hathaway) and masterful analog synth shredder (Jan Hammer, etc.). He's Bad. Capital "B"

Alan Hertz, drums--Alan was in Garaj Mahal for a long time. Before that he played in some pretty big bands, if you're into the funky jamband scene...KVHW (w/ Bobby Vega, Steve Kimock) and Zero. He has been Scott Henderson's drummer for a couple of years now...powerful player.

Me.

It's all original material, and it's funky and clever and pretty happening, if I do say so myself. There's enough tricky unison silliness for the fusion heads, and a lot of grease for the chicken heads.

Anyway, we're playing our first gig June 20th at the Connecticut Yankee in SF. Corner of 17th and Connecticut. Doors at 9. Come and say hi and check it out...

Thanks.

Jonathan Herrera

Senior Editor

BASS PLAYER

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived