Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Passed some major PRS Gas

PRS Dude

Speaking of PRS's... I am impressed by the SE models. They lack the locking tuners of the higher end PRS's, but that can easily be rectified by replacing the stock tuners + a graphite nut.

The SE's stay in tune so well you needn't bother doing a tuner upgrade. Unless you change strings a lot, in which case the locking tuner speeds the process.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My SE Soapbar II has problems with the G hanging up in the nut. It used to have problems with the high E hanging up but I did some filing on it and got it to stop hanging but I filed too deep and now it has some open string buzz. I'm thinking about putting on an earvana nut or just a regular graphite nut.

By the way the Soapbar II just got promoted to main guitar as of last night. It has been my backup to my Tele but the last couple of times I've played the Soapbar I've really dug my tone and had good gigs. This guitar is sweet and it has now claimed top dog status. This puts it over my Tele with Rio Grande pups and a VG strat.

I think I just had an accident.......WOW...nice guitars. Sweet deal man. Yeah, I have always wondered about the intonation myself, but this little voice keeps telling me they have to be dead on if all these players I hold in high regard use these guitars.

Have you tried the DGT yet? That is supposed to be a nice one. I like the sounds he gets.

Archived