Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday Dave Ferris!

marino

Quite by chance, I've learned that today is Dave Ferris' birthday. Although he joined the group in relatively recent times, I've enjoyed his contributions very much, and I've especially learned a lot from the songs he posted on the Reharm Room. I find that Dave and SK have brought an healthy jazz tinge to the Corner, also attracting other jazzers in the process. And of course I'm not forgetting that it was Linwood to bring these two great musicians to KC in the first place.

But for now let's just say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!

:wave::thu::wave::thu::wave:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy birthday, Dave!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.

:wave:

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

Happy birthday Dave F. from the rest of us in the triple G society!

Day

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

Happy b-day DF. :thu:

I have enjoyed your contributions to the forum as well. As a result, it is not all gear and beer. :laugh:

I hope that you will continue dropping jewels in the Reharm thread.

More importantly, it would be great to get that mic and recording business straightened out this year too. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Yay! Happy birthday mate from the Brit contingent, cor blimey lovaduck Mary Poppins...

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Hey thanks everyone. 56...yikes, but better than the alternative.

Thanks for that Steve and thanks Carlo for the nice words. You have the big one coming here real soon so I'll be sure to return the favor to make certain it is not overlooked.

I'm headed out to the Santa Monica area, hopefully I can make my way around the Laker celebration traffic.

A guy has had the Crane Song Spider for sale for awhile, it has my name written all over it, I'm gonna go check it out.

Again a big thanks to everyone. I really enjoy being part of the little community here and certainly get a lot from all the knowledgeable people associated with it.

Happy Birthday man!

"No wise man ever wished to be younger."

- Jonathan Swift

"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."

- Mark Twain

"I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do."

- Phyllis Diller

:rolleyes:

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Yeah, Happy Birthday Dave!

You live a good life man, and you're blessed to have made it in L.A., a city that celebrates that which is not real, with a great house, great wife, great dogs and a great Steinway. Not to mention your killer running chops!

I'll call you soon so we can do a Chopin exchange/study.

-Bobby

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived