Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chuck Leavell on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Joe Muscara

CHUCK TO PERFORM TOMORROW ON LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON!

BREAKING NEWS! Chuck has received a short notice invitation to be the musical guest on Jimmy Fallon's show: "LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON" on the NBC network. Chuck will be performing with the house band, THE ROOTS...and we think he'll have a short discussion with Jimmy at the beginning of the show.

From NBC.com: Chuck Leavell, keyboardist for the Rolling Stones and cofounder of the Mother Nature Network, will perform with THE ROOTS on "LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON". The show airs Wednesday the 17th of June at 12:35AM EST / 11:35PM CEN. Either set your DVRs or tune in to check out Chuck's performance!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok is this tonight or Wed night????

The show airs Wednesday the 17th of June

Since you're in the UK, you'll have to check your local listings.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well, it wasn't last night (even though it was June 17th at 12:35am); Hank Williams Jr. was the musical guest, and nobody sat in with The Roots.

PVR is set for tonight again. Not sure I can stomach another evening of watching Jimmy Fallon, even at fast forward speeds. :freak:

;)

Does anybody else agree with me that The Roots are the main reason to watch Jimmy Fallon? What an amazing band. Saw them in concert a couple of months ago, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen, regardless of genre. 2 hours of non-stop killer grooves, plus the funkiest sousaphone player I've ever seen.

I get the feeling that The Roots are having a lot of fun on Fallon, and getting to play with a lot of thier heroes, I've seen them with Public Enemy and Booker T, missed the Chuck Leavell, but I bet it was pretty happening.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Roots aside, I'll be the first to be admit that I was skeptical about Fallon. I never thought he was funny on SNL, or in general. I've been watching the show, though, and I quite enjoy it. I think the "bits" sometimes fall flat (he's trying to be a little too much like Conan at times), but overall I think it's a pretty funny show. I guess I'm the only one.

I generally like Jimmy Fallon, though he has a bit of an awkwardness that doesn't always work. I'm hoping that with time he will find his feet.

I also don't think anyone has missed the Chuck Leavell performance yet.

Roots aside, I'll be the first to be admit that I was skeptical about Fallon. I never thought he was funny on SNL, or in general.

Since watching the show 30 Rock and movie Baby Moma, I've come to appreciate the talents of Tina Fey. Subsequently, I felt like almost everyone on SNL with the exception of Morgan and Poehler were being carried by Tina's writing.

Having said that, Fallon is growing on me. Hopefully he'll continue to grow and develop his late night talk show skills as the show matures.

TROLL . . . ish.

Yeah the Roots are great. The first week his show aired I was kinda just checking in and kept wondering where the synth sounds were coming from. It wasn't until the second week that I saw a shot of the "2nd floor" of the stage where the two keys players are!

I think Jimmy Fallon is getting better. Conan's first year was pretty tough.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

The shows will be up on hulu.com after broadcast.

Jimmy Fallon on Hulu

Chris

I just caught the end of the show and there was no sign of Chuck Leavell. They might have had him on earlier but when Jimmy did his 'my thanks to ... and ... and ... and ...' he didn't mention Chuck Leavell. The guitarist from Rage Against the Machine has a bad ass new band though....

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Chuck was on during the monologue, and Jimmy chatted with him for a minute once he got to the desk to start the show. Mentioned Chuck's pedigree (Stones, Allmans), and his ecological foundation for a second (made a joke about the show being so 'green' that he hadn't washed his suit since they started... meh).

Didn't see much past that, and didn't really hear anything Chuck played; he stared at his Yamaha CP with his hands over the keys during the musical sting after the monologue, but other than that, I didn't see anything.

Quite the disappointment, really. Hopefully a closer watch to the recording tonight might show more. :(

Dog woke me up in the middle of the night, so when I let her out, I turned on Fallon. Caught where he was chatting with Chuck, but didn't stay up. It's on the DVR, so I'll check it out tonight.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Archived