Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PianoCheater...

stephen.hazel

Wow. Dave H. that youtube you linked is totally bizarre. I mean, why would someone come up with a completely different notation system like that? One that displays no real rhythmic information.

I mean, I understand if people don't want to take the time to learn to read music and just play by ear. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. But if you're going to learn how to read something, why not learn how to read actual notation? Weird.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Dave H. that youtube you linked is totally bizarre. I mean, why would someone come up with a completely different notation system like that? One that displays no real rhythmic information.

I mean, I understand if people don't want to take the time to learn to read music and just play by ear. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. But if you're going to learn how to read something, why not learn how to read actual notation? Weird.

--Dave

Well, one thought - it places the teacher in the role of God. All the disciples must get the Holy Word from the One and Only. That guy has people paying him to be taught note by note. Where are the theory police when you actually need them?

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived