Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

got my seymour duncan quarter pounds!!

mhuxtable

So I posted a few weeks ago about getting new pups for my fernandes strat (the old ones are just so thin and crappy sounding).

well i got my guitar back today, HOLY COW! This pups sound amazing. They have a fullness and a bite and a brilliance to them that just sounds so rich and full. The bridge is bright but not shrill..the neck is round but not too dark...everything in between sounds beautiful. I could not be happier with my decision. I would totally recommend them to anyone thinking about them!

And the great thing is they are VERY high output (13K...comparable to a humbucker) but still has a single coil sound. Also, VERY low hum in the 1 3 and 5 spots. Great PUps!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just purchased a MIM telecaster. I've been looking at the quarter pounder replacements...looks like for a small price I can soup-up this guitar about 80% (the stock pickups leave a little to be desired; the rest of the guitar is perfect).

I like my 1/4 pound bridge pickup, but the neck is Duncan Vintage '59 single coil, and that thing is just schweet in the neck position. Much more open sounding than the stock p/up

Say, Bill, is that a single-coil sized humbucker, or a real single-coil, or what?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I like my 1/4 pound bridge pickup, but the neck is Duncan Vintage '59 single coil, and that thing is just schweet in the neck position. Much more open sounding than the stock p/up

Say, Bill, is that a single-coil sized humbucker, or a real single-coil, or what?

What, the Vintage '59? That's a regular single coil. Just made well.

It's a great feeling when the new Pups work the way you dreamed about them...glad to hear you're a happy camper...now get out there and make some music with'em... :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Archived