Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's OK- Dig your drummers, singers, etc

Forever, real musicians have gone back and forth about other players, drummers, singers, etc.

It is really an exercise in futility especially when looked at from a broader view i.e. executioner level.

Plenty of excellent music has been recorded and played in the past and present and will continue through the future despite drummers, singers, etc

Consistently, every generation produces good and bad music, but many drummers and singers, ect. destroy all boundaries.

Even our favorite drummers, singers, etc. have recorded the worst music especially when chasing trends i.e. dollars.

Otherwise, music transcends time and space directly related to the influences, events and drug experiences surrounding the musos.

Same goes for the listeners. That is why the ungrateful, ignorant next generation finds it harder to 'get with' the music created by the very cool learned prior generation.

Of course, there are rare exceptions i.e. drummers, singers, etc who develop tastes over time based on their knowledge and/or musical growth. (this is probably NOT true)

The beauty of drummers, singers, etc is that someone will dig them. Regardless of whether it is 1 in the basement, 10 in a coffeehouse, 100 in a club or 50k in an arena, but not us.. the real brains and musical force behind most good music throughout history.

Listen to and/or play with whatever drummers, singers, etc tickle your fancy. If/when everything else sounds like a**, compose, record, play and sell some better sh*t by yourself !

ED

"I like you to know I often speak before I know what I'm talking about ."-- _________(fill in the blank)

"Music should never be harmless."

Robbie Robertson

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the BBQ hijack was funny. Not sure if the thread title is popular pun bait and/or the joke is on me. Especially since my sig quote has been twisted too. :confused:

Holla back dude. Let me know what's really on your mind. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived