Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NE2 - My wife is soo good to me

Phred

So, my wife bought me a NE2 for my Birthday!!! I was over the moon. What a great machine, soundwise and feelwise.

Unfortunately, when I first plugged it in, it didn't turn on. I screwed around with it and it eventually turned on. I figured the power button got stuck inside it or something. I played with it and it worked for a while, but the next day (this morning) it wouldn't turn on again. I am taking it back and getting another.

Has this ever happened to any of you guys? Is there a reliability issue I should be concerned about, or did I just get a lemon.

Next question, I have a motion sound Pro3t that I have been using with my VK7. My original plan was to continue to use it with the Electro, however I am quite impressed with the leslie sim on the Nord... I am pretty sure I will be able to happily gig with it without the Motion Sound. Time will tell. Is there anyone gigging with NE2 and a Pro3t? Has anyone forgone their pro3t because the sim on the leslie is close enough?

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, my wife bought me a NE2 for my Birthday!!! I was over the moon. What a great machine, soundwise and feelwise.

Sorry about your power problem, but I hope you appreciate you may have the best wife ever!

congratulations!

"Music should never be harmless."

Robbie Robertson

Thanks guys!

She certainly is a keeper! I was blown away. It was a complete and utter surprise. She has been watching me drool over it for years.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Congrats on your gift!

I have the MS KBR-3D and have found that I am using the sim more and more. If I'm at a smaller venue in which the crowd can here the MS, then I use it. When it's all FOH (which is most of my gigs), I use the sim.

As an example of how well the sim is received, I just finished a gig this past Saturday at a venue that books mostly national acts. We played just before Mac Arnold (BB Kings former bass player for many years) and his 'Plate full of blues band'. I let their keyboardist/harp player use my keyboards (NE2 and Kurz PC3). He and the band LOVED the NE2. He plans on purchasing one soon as they have another tour in Europe coming up and wants something light to take.

Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK-1 + Ventilator, Korg Triton. 2 JBL Eon 510's.

Is it summer in Ontario yet?

Not even close. It's sunny, but cold and windy; someone needs to tell Mother Nature it's June 1st tomorrow, not April 1st. :(:cry:

There have been a few nice days in Ottawa, but for the most part, cold and windy sums it up pretty well.

Original quote by Sven Golly:

"Not even close. It's sunny, but cold and windy; someone needs to tell Mother Nature it's June 1st tomorrow, not April 1st."

Rumor has it that Mother Nature doesn't pay any attention to a human calendar. Why? She doesn't have too......because SHE'S in charge.

Mike

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

It's sunny, but cold and windy; someone needs to tell Mother Nature it's June 1st tomorrow, not April 1st. :(:cry:

Hi Sven. :)

Did I mention it's 78 degrees(F) and sunny today here in Mayberry? :wave:

Ummm, Did I?

Here...

in Mayberry.

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/A/htmlA/andygriffith/andygriffithIMAGE/andygriffith.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Happy belated b-day Phred. :thu:

That is an awesome gift and excellent looking out from your wife. You are a lucky man. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Happy belated b-day Phred. :thu:

That is an awesome gift and excellent looking out from your wife. You are a lucky man. :):cool:

Indeed I am.

Hey congrats on the NE2, and happy belated!

I'm in the "lucky man" club, too. My wife gave me a PC3X for my birthday last March. Of all my keyboards, this one carries extra-special meaning. I think of her whenever I play it. Hope your NE2 holds a special place as well.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

I also have a Pro3T and an Electro 2, and find the sim good enough to forgo the extra hassle of setting up the 3T at gigs.
"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

I also have a Pro3T and an Electro 2, and find the sim good enough to forgo the extra hassle of setting up the 3T at gigs.

Thanks, good to know.

UPDATE on the situation:

The music shop is bring in a new board from Montreal, and it will be here friday at the latest. possibly thursday.

I have a gig this friday, and was hoping to get to use my new toy on the gig. Might be tight to get my bearings around it by friday...

However, it is a fairly low pressure gig, and I can't imagine leaving it at home. I suspect I will bring it, and rock it out as best I can.

If I pick it up on friday, I may bring my VK7 and PRO3T as backup, and just leave them in the car. (Good thing I have a jeep) If I don't bring them, and have the same power problem with the new board, it would mean playing an entire 4 hour hammond heavy gig on my RD-300sx :eek: . Anyone ever tried that? I couldn't imagine it being very fun...

P.S. I have been spending the past couple of days with a broken NE2 in it's box, geeking out over NE2 posts made on this forum. There is a great post outlining how you guys set up your patches etc... I am going to blatently rip off Eric's patch organization setting when I get the chance.

Archived