Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HELP! My daughter needs musicians to respond to survey

_Sweet Willie_

Hello all,

My daughter is collecting data for a science fair project. She and a friend have put together a series of questions and need musicians who have played for more than a year (not just bass players) to answer these questions. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

You can find the questions here: Click here to go to the survey!

She needs responses with the next 24 hours. Please feel free to share the link with other musician friends of yours.

Thanks, y'all, for your help.

Peace.

--SW

PS: A couple of you responded to a similar request privately a couple of weeks ago. My daughter has changed the questions she's asking to ones that are better suited to what she's trying to learn.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, my daughter was resistant to taking advice from her social researcher father about the items...hmmm...

However, the little advice she did take resulted in setting it up online so that it would be easier to collect data from more people and pulling questions from questionnaires used by other researchers in the past.

I don't want to share yet about what she's trying to learn from this, but I'll share more once she's closed down data collection.

Thanks for helping out!

--W

PS: It seems that there's not a home for vocalists in the list of type of instrument played. Oh well.

spreadluv

Done. Like most other responses, tried to answer in way that came closest.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Yes, I am done and yes, I tried to answer both ways on some.

Apparently I am far more rebellious, scattered and disorganized than I ever thought . . .

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Not sure if I made it in under the wire.

Best wishes on the project either way!

Hardest question: algebra vs. geometry. (I do have a mathematics degree.) It's all just "problem solving" to me, although I get the point that the question is trying to determine "logical, sequential thinking" versus "spacial reasoning". (But don't forget those algebra graphs and geometry proofs!) So I tried to answer in the "spirit" of the question.

Just came home and did it. +1 on Tom's. Seems like I'm some weird kind of guy... little bit of "A", little bit of "B", and all I've ever learned about Psychometry at the university has long gone by now :)

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

There's the "both answers apply" and the "I wish there was a none of the above" catagory. Or the ability to leave one or two blank.

Anyway, it's done. Let the downfall of Western Civilization commence.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

INteresting survey. It's tough to answer becuase my personal atitudes and actions are markedly different from my professional conduct.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

I think she's not taking any more data at this point to analyze as part of her project. Although the survey may stay up for a bit.

Thanks for helping and spreading the word.

And, yes, I'll share the results.

And, yes, I, too, struggled on items where I wanted to answer both options or wanted a "middle" ground.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Archived