Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

got my POG!!!

mhuxtable

WOOHOOO. I had been waiting since Thursday for this thing. Finally came into the local guitar shop I order all my stuff through. Absolutely AMAZING. The tracking is perfect--chords, single notes, whatever, it all sounds incredible. The low pass filter is a great addition for getting great tones, including the famous "organ" sound.

If you don't know what a POG is, check it out!

[video:youtube]

this opens up a whole new world for me! 12 string, 18 string, organ! my GAS is only getting much WORSE at this point...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! That'll help you make some wonderfully sick sounds. :cool:

I've been sorta in that neighborhood by running my Blue Box into my Octave-X, and then on into my Plexitube, for some buzztorted multi-octave madness... :freak:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I got the HOG, which is the POG's big bro of sorts, for a good price on ebay. I also got the preset selector footswitch (sold separately).

There's some warbling on notes triggered from the lower strings, but I accept that as part of the pedal's unique character. When used with a ping-pong delay (try experimenting with other stereo delay settings) one can indeed get a nice organ+fake Leslie sound.

Yes, Bill's sounds are quite amazing. If you pop over to the EHX forums, he gives insight into how he achieved them.

Most amazing to me: the mellotron flute sound is essentially nothing more than an upside down smile EQ curve & some low pass filtering on just the original note...he really uses the POG only for the low pass filter on that. Just incredible.

His "Canaries in the Q-Tron" freaking blew my mind.

BTW, Bill Ruppert has some excellent POG and HOG demos here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=937182

Check out the B-3, "Won't Get Fooled Again", etc.

Amazing stuff there. well worth the money. Many uses for a producer, and plenty of live uses as well.

• 2 weeks later...

That demo was so cool I had to go out and get my own POG... It's pretty sweet.

The organ sound is actually insanely easy to get, a 12 string guitar sound is actually more difficult but I probably just need to read the directions.

Playing some riffs on the lower three strings, fuzzed out with the extra lower octave sounds sweet.

Eventually I want to do a bunch of pedal demo videos and I'll demo this, but I've been wanting to do that a while.

Archived