Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

15" bass cab question

simus35

:freak: Excuse my ignorance, but for the people they know me, i was a guitar player and now for about 4 month now i play bass. my bass amp is Behringer ultrabass BX4210A. i just receive my 15" bass cab. i unplug my speaker on my bass amp. i try the sound is good but is more loud (like boom boom) this is normal. for me i think yes. but because i use to play guitar, for me the bass cab is new for me. and in few days or week i will receive my 2x10 bass cab. with both i think my sound will be better

thanks again and sorry for my english :blush: :blush:

and i forgot too. i'm looking right now for a second hand bass amp and i saw a old peavey MARK VIII XP Series 602 or the Marshall MB 450h. wich one is better

thanks again

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks for correct me.

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Why do you need a 2x10 cabinet?

Is this the one you have?http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/regular/6/8/5/302685.jpg Doesn't your amp have that built in already?

What does it sound like with the 1x15 speaker without unplugging the speakers that are built into the amp?

What brand of 1x15 speaker do you have?

I'd write this en Français for you but I'm afraid that even though I can read French, I can't write it very well at all.

The Marshall is newer but I've never heard one.

It's pretty hard to go wrong with a Mark VI.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

to jeremy c . this is this amp i got, but i need to unplug the speaker of this amp because i will go under 4 ohm. And i know some people don't like berhinger. my bass cab is Berhinger( i paid brand new and i paid 220$ CND with the tax is 150$US with tax). Because i want to buy a new bass amp head. i bought this bass cab and i'm still waiting the 2x10 for the same price. i ask this question because i was playing with this amp they got 2x10 and now i use only the 1x15 cab for now and is the first time i heard only 1x15 cab and sound very loud and i would like to know if is normal

and thanks for the info MOOT

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

i don't have anything substantive to add, so i'll post the lyrics to a song by montreal's malajube. i think i understand about a quarter of what's being said. great band, great song.

montreal -40C

Trop pauvre pour les pilules, j'fais la putain pourtant j'suis nul

Et toutes ces choses que j'éjacule

J'cours contre la montre, j'cours mais j'recule

Oh Montréal

T'es tellement froide

Une ours polaire dans l'autobus

J'm'inspire du pire

Pour m'enrichir

Et je t'aime tellement que j'hallucine

Papapapapadapada

J'passe sous silence ton arrogance

Tu gardes le rythme tu m'mets en transe

Papapapapadapada

J'ai c'que j'mérite et quelle jouissance

Papapapapadapada

Ton visage sur mon magazine

Ton palmarès de concubines

Oh Montréal

T'es tellement froide

Une ours polaire dans l'autobus

J'm'inspire du pire

Pour m'enrichir

Et je t'aime tellement que j'hallucine

Papapapapadapada

J'passe sous silence ton arrogance

Tu gardes le rythme tu m'mets en transe

Papapapapadapada

Le chat ronfle et tu parles dans ton sommeil

Et pourtant, je n'arrive pas à fermer lil

robb.

If you switch the wires around between the speakers in your combo to put them in series rather than parallel, it would make the impedance 8 Ohms. If your 15" is also 8 Ohms you will get the full 450W out of the amp at 4 Ohms and not need a new head or the new 210 cab. That would probably do well for you and save some money.

It depends on how the internal speakers are wired. If they are 2 8ohm drivers in parallel to make the total load 4 ohms, then it's impossible to combine them to make an 8ohm load to put in parallel with an external 8ohm cab. His options would be 4 ohms, or 16 ohms on the internal speakers, or 1 of em at 8.

Feel free to visit my band's site

Delusional Mind

Here's the manual in French:

Notice d'utilisation en Français

This amp has the goofiest extension speaker system I've ever seen. Most combo amps will let you add one speaker and thereby get more power. This amp makes you disconnect the internal speakers when you want to use extension speakers.

They should have set up the internal speakers at 8 ohms so you could add another 8 ohm cabinet.

Get the other cabinet you have ordered, get the Peavey head, and sell the combo you have.

Actually, I'm dumb. I'd assume that they already have it wired in series to give it an 8 Ohm impedance by itself since wiring 2 4 Ohm speakers in parallel would result in a 2 Ohm load.

As long as his 15" cab is another 8 Ohm cab he should be good to go on the amp side. On the speaker side there is probably a sensitivity mismatch and the 15" won't keep up with the 10"s but most people seem blissfully ignorant of that and some even argue that it doesn't matter.

Bottom line is that it'll make the right noises and won't melt down...in theory.

This amp has the goofiest extension speaker system I've ever seen. Most combo amps will let you add one speaker and thereby get more power. This amp makes you disconnect the internal speakers when you want to use extension speakers.

I must have missed that part. Where does it say that?

The manual is really, really confusing.

It seems to say you can use one 4 ohm extension speaker or two 8 ohm extension speakers and it says "don't go below 4 ohms" and then gives equations on how to figure out the ohms.

The manual does not actually say anything about the internal speakers. Does that mean that the 4 ohms minimum refers to the extension speakers only and doesn't count the internal speakers? That doesn't make sense either, unless the head contains a special amp section which is devoted only to the external speaker jacks, which would be insane.

this is the reason i want to buy another bass amp head.

the answer i got from behringer

(Thanks for writing to BEHRINGER technical support. The BX4210A has two 8-ohm speakers in it, connected in parallel. This creates a 4-ohm load, allowing the total 450 watts to be used for the internal speakers.

There are two ¼" speaker cables connected to the back of the BX4210A. One of these cables connects to both of the internal speakers, which are connected in parallel. The other ¼" speaker cable connects the tweeter.

The total impedance of the BX4210A is already 4 ohms. It is not recommended to go below 4 ohms. To connect an external cab to the BX4210A, you will need to disconnect the internal speakers first. Alternately, you can use an additional power amp to amplify an additional speaker cab.

The manual shows an example of the BA115 and the BA210 cab connected to the BX4210A. These are both 8-ohm cabs. Two 8-ohm cabs connected in parallel gives a 4-ohm load on the amp. This setup would work, only if the internal speakers are disconnected.)

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

That's horrible. Maybe they should hire somebody who knows what they're doing to design their amps and somebody else (or even the same person, provided they still know what they're doing) to write their manuals. The manual specifically says under the SPEAKERS heading "Impedance 2 x 4 Ohm."

Idiots.

They didn't design the amp to allow the use of it's own speakers in conjunction with an external cab, which is quite stupid..

I agree. It's like they designed it as combo that wasn't intended to have an extension speaker jack and someone in marketing made them throw one in.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Archived