Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Electro 2 thru a Motion Sound or Leslie?

MrVegas

I'm thinking about the E2 for church gigs and a Motion SOund or Speakeasy or Leslie. As such, I would turn the Leslie-sim of the E2 off and let the "real" thing do the rotary speaker. I currently have a CX-3 which, to my ears, sounds pretty good going into my KBR-3D, but I would like to have the extra sounds (EP's) of the Nord available if needed. Can anybody share their experience of how an E2 sounds going into a real rotating speaker amp?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the Electro 2 and the MS Pro 3X, and it sounds great. What's killer is the way the Electro can split the outputs, so that the organ goes out one channel and the other sounds out the other. Route the organ thru the MS then the amp, and run the other channel direct to the amp and all is right with the world. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

FWIW - for me, the NE2 did not have enough output to drive my PRO3T adequately to get get into overdrive. Otherwise, it was fine for clean. Either way, the live rotary effect was there.

My new to me XK1 seems to have plenty of output to get dirty through my PRO3T. As did my VK7 when I had it.

Edited to add I did not use any type of external preamp. I just went straight from NE2 output to PRO3T input. From reading some of the other posts, it seems that many use an external tube pre, which IMHO is the money maker to get it sounding authentic.

YMMV, of course.

Hi!

(I mainly play with my a100+147or122 leslie on gigs.)

I used a Nord e2 with leslie 122 (with a trek2-preamp) on some gigs and i would say that it sounded really good! Not completely authentic but anyway a lot more fun to play!

I'm no looking forward to hear the nord electro 3 (or Nord c1 for that sake) trough a real leslie.

Anyone tested a similar setup?

I currently run a NE2 through a 145. With a speakeasy preamp, and the treble boosted on the preamp pedal a bit, I'd say its close enough. Bit of an expensive set-up, but worth it. If you look into my past posts, I was a speakeasy doubter turned believer.

I also run my NE2 through a Speakeasy preamp, then to a KBR-M. I love it. I split the output, the EPs go to the clean channel.

I play in a Santana Tribute Band, and everyone loves my Hammond sound. People literally rave about it. Truthfully, it's still not a Hammond/Leslie to my ears, but it's pretty darned good. And weighs a hell of a lot less!

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

I've been using an NE2 -61 into a Leslie 2101/Yorkville Bloc100k for a few years now and it's a great combination on the portability/sound quality compromise. Easy to move and easy on the ears.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

+1 for the 2101 and amp combo. One can also use the 2101 and 2121 bottom. Since the NE lets you split the signal, route the organ to the whole leslie and the non-organ voices to the botom or to the separate amp which serves as the bass unit for the 2101. Best of both worlds.

Archived