Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEED HELP IN FINDING A GOOD RACK MOUNT

Dugie1959

I'M THINKING ABOUT SELLING MY YAMAHA MOTIF 8 AND BUYING A COMPARABLE RACK MOUNT AND CONTROLLER. I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE TO START LOOKING. I NEED SOMETHING WITH GOOD PIANO AND ORGAN PATCHES AND I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SPLIT THE KEYBOARD INTO 2 OR 3 SECTIONS (ie ORGAN BELOW MIDDLE C AND PIANO ABOVE MIDDLE C - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT). I DON'T NEED ANY KIND OF HOME STUDIO MODULE WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES, JUST SOMETHING BASIC THAT ALLOWS THE KEYBOARD TO BE SPLIT. I USUALLY BUY NEW EQUIP EVERY 10 YEARS OR SO, SO I AM COMPLETELY OUT OF THE LOOP WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STUFF.......ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Second, Please don't write using CAPITAL LETTERS. It's very annoying.

To answer your question -any ROMpler rack or keyboard (Yamaha S90ES, Roland RD700GX, Korg M3, Yamaha Motif XS, Kurz PC3, Roland Fantom X/G) will do it.

I don't know if Nord Electro has split functionality, but if it does, it might be the wise choice for you.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Nord Stage will do exactly what you want: has great organs and electric pianos, you may love the pianos, or not; it's very splittble, and comes in three sizes: Compact (73 notes, waterfall/organ keyboard), Stage 76 (76 weighted) and Stage 88 (88 weighted). The heaviest, the 88, still comes in under 40 pounds. If you hit me offgroup, I can hook you up with a VERY good deal.(I'm not the seller, nor do I have any interest in whether you buy it, but I can direct you to a great source.)
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

AI agree with Tony, Nord Stage rules for your needs (and many others). Killer sounds and effects, best leslie sim going imo, and all the controls are in front of you for instant tonal improvisation. Splits and layers easy and obvious, with lights indicating split point. Baby-brother Electro is great but not as extensive. Plus the small Stage Compact fits in a backpack! Make sure to run it through a GOOD STEREO amp, make that as important a consideration as the board and do NOT just buy what happens to be on the floor, otherwise you lose much of the excellence you're paying for in the keyboard. I like Motion Sound stereo amps or two powered monitors eg JBL or Mackie.

Neil

myspace.com/AlteredDominant www.Prymary.com

NordElectro3/S90XS/SteinwayS(midi'd)/KX88/Apple MBP, iMac/MainStage2/Scrbee/NI Komplete/ApogeeDuet/QSCplx1804/JBLmrx512/SpcStnSRX/LogicPro9/DP/ProTools

Umm... if you're selling the Motif and want a rack that's the same... why not a Motif rack? Newest one would be the Motif XS rack. You can perform splits using the rack alone, don't necessarily need the keyboard to do it. Don't know which way would be easier, doing it from the keyboard or the module.

Umm... if you're selling the Motif and want a rack that's the same... why not a Motif rack? Newest one would be the Motif XS rack. You can perform splits using the rack alone, don't necessarily need the keyboard to do it. Don't know which way would be easier, doing it from the keyboard or the module.

+1

I understood the OP to be in need of a rack mount. Older/used rack units include Motif ES-R, Motif Classic-R, Fantom X-R, Kurzweil PC2-R, Triton Rack, Trinity-TR.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived