Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

XK-3C vs. VB3 - has anybody here used both?

dttmc

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've posted a lot about this have you thought of demoing them yourself?

I'd love to. Want to send me your XK-3C so I can demo it? Because there isn't one within 100 miles of me.

Don't you have anything better to do than to enter every organ-related thread on this forum and post smartass comments?

Just wondering if anybody here has had experience with both and could give their thoughts on how they compare.

Thanks.

Yeah, I would be interested in some feedback about this comparison myself...

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Personally, I have driven more than 100 miles to demo a piece of gear that I thought would be important to me.

I have played an XK-3, and also use VB3. My experience will not help you decide in the least. Only you know what organ sounds good to your ears, and an objective language for describing sound has not been invented yet.

For the record:

I play VB3 straight through my Speakeasy leslie rig and using the sim through studio monitors and my Accugrooves. It sounds great, but I have never played it on stage and so can't say how it cuts the mix live.

I played a friend's XK-3 on one pickup gig and it was just OK. I was playing through crappy Roland keyboard amps, and had no chance to tweak it or live with it.

One of the best things about the XK-3 is supposed to be its tweakability, with the ability to dial in individual tonewheels close enough to match any tonewheel organ. I wasn't able to give it a fair test.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

You've posted a lot about this have you thought of demoing them yourself?

I'd love to. Want to send me your XK-3C so I can demo it? Because there isn't one within 100 miles of me.

Don't you have anything better to do than to enter every organ-related thread on this forum and post smartass comments?

That's all you had to say.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Archived