Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Taylor T3

Bluesape

Haven't seen one yet, but it looks way closer the mark than the T5 or the solid bodies from my POV. I'd pass on the Bigsby, cuz I know what a pain mine has been on my brown 355.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Guitars/LandingT3Family.jpg?t=1233467482

Love the quilted maple on the natural, myself. :love:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. Is this like an acoustic electric like the t5 or more like an electric with F holes?

Looks very nice, you planning on picking one up. Looks like a better electric design (if thats what it is) than my singer's T5 customs he owned. I mean the pickups. I like double coils. I thought the weakness in the t5 was the electric pickup which didn't seem to have enough grunt for my tastes.

My singer had the 2 most expensive ones too. These are probably great electrics. I love that style of guitar. Taylor usually doesn't dick around either.

I think the T5 is lovely, but a limited for my personal playing style. The T3 looks more like a rockabilly/blues/classic rock machine. The 'Nuge would strangle some neat sounds out of it.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

• 2 weeks later...
Oooo, I want to get my hands on one of these T3's! I love my T5: in spite of all of its limitations, it's definitely the most comfortable guitar I own (both for shape and weight). I agree with the T5 critics who say that there really isn't enough tonal variety, in spite of the T5's hype. But the tone it does get, especially in position 2, is very sweet and full to my ear, so I use it alot, especially for comping. Now I've recently seen the T3 demo from NAMM on Youtube (there are 2 demo videos - check out the one with the blond long haired guy playing country style licks on it). Wow! Have they ever solved the tone problem with the double push-pull pots! I really want one of these. Sweetwater says they're arriving in stock the 2nd week of March.

Archived