Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O.T.-We got any members stuck in the snow & ice?

picker

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has been the worst winter ever. Couldn't make it into work on Wednesday. They didn't start plowing until 7AM and then they couldn't keep up. Then it rained for 5 hours. Then it froze. Now I have 6 inched of solid ice on everything. I went out and shoveled half my driveway in the rain so now I can at least use part of it.

Still have to get through February too!

I know what you mean...I'm just across the Hudson Valley past Middletown and part way up into the foothills heading toward Wurtsboro/Monticello.

I didn't go to work Wed or Thur, at least Wed was paid, but Thur I had to use personal leave time (but I have plenty to spare).

My driveway was a sheet of ice, and it's a long driveway....it's still a mess, but at least it's somewhat drivable now after a dropped a couple hundred pounds of salt and sand on it.

I broke my back on this storm...and my hands/forearms were so sore...really messed up my ability to play guitar. :(

But I'm OK now.

Now we're supposed to get more snow showers over the weekend and then Mon/Tue there might be another storm. :eek:

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

I shot these a couple of days ago on my cell phone, at the jetty at Venice Fl. Wish I was there now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/BillPark/jetty4jan09.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/BillPark/jetty2jan09.jpg

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

To the original post ... Yes, we are in the middle of the ice storm. Has devestated the entire area. I'm on via iphone and cellular. Power restored yesterday here ...lucky. Many still without power and communications have not been contacted since Tuesday. Trees down and power lines down make many areas inaccessable. Getting better in my town though. More later. S.

Well here in Cincy we had another blast yesterday. Got hammered with up to 2" / hour of snow starting around 2:30, ended up with maybe 10" at home. I split from work (38 miles to home) at 3 and got home just after 5. Lots of ice, still a bunch today. Nonetheless I say if it's winter it may as well snow, at least it's pretty to look at. Of course sunday it was 50 out, washed the car to get all the crap off of it from last week's snow and ice storm. Supposed to hit 50+ again this weekend....crazy, but that's southern O-hi-uh for you. Hope you all are high and dry.

L.B.

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

To the original post ... Yes, we are in the middle of the ice storm. Has devestated the entire area. I'm on via iphone and cellular. Power restored yesterday here ...lucky. Many still without power and communications have not been contacted since Tuesday. Trees down and power lines down make many areas inaccessable. Getting better in my town though. More later. S.

Steve,

Just talked to a customer in the Louisville area who has been without power for 8 days now, but he has a generator to maintain some heat. He said the electrical workers are saying the grid damage in KY is far worse than Katrina!! I hope you all get through this OK.

L.B.

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Anybody caught in this mess?

Yea... My folks have been without power for a week now... They're up in Horseshoe Bend... Time zones from anywhere... I put them in a hotel in Little Rock and they're just waiting it out... Their neighbors told them that as of today there has been nobody out to their town to even look at anything...Trees and power lines are still just hanging and on the ground... This sucks...

Archived