Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O.T.-We got any members stuck in the snow & ice?

picker

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not stuck, but I awoke this A in the M to find that everything (long driveway and some paths) that I'd cleared with the snow-blower and shovel, that had further cleared-up by melting away in the sun wherever I'd removed snow, was now filled-in and smoothly drifted over with a fresh blanket of purest, driven snow...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well...I get a paid day off 'cuz of the bad snow storm(one of the perks)...so yeah, I'm stuck in my studio all day! :cool:

Of course...at some point...I have to go out and shovel that crap... :(

But I ain't goinn' anywhere until my looooooong driveway gets plowed.

Hmmmmmm...I may be still be stuck in the studio tomorrow too, depending on when the storm ends.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

I ain't a stuck but I'm gonna be feeling the effects of cramming 3 weeks of fresh air and exercise into an hour and 1/2 of snow and sleet shoveling a couple of hours ago. Main roads around here are slushy to wet. But it's still raining and it's still gonna get cold tonight so I'm sure it's going be a mess tomorrow as well

Tony

I went here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/BillPark/PICT0135-1.jpg

with the Rock'N'Roll GirlFriend last week.

Unfortunately, we have to go back to the ice and snow. But for over a week now, it has been Paradise.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Hey you guys are lucky. Up here the sayingnis.."if you don;t like the weather hang around for 5 minutes and it'll change"""..

Funny tho, seems like when we're having snow and windstorms and minus temps you guys are having good weather. Our prob is it got warm and windy so lots of snow melted and created a sheet of ice everywhere. Then a light snow and its slick as a...well you know.

Still that way too but at least its warmed up to a balmy 10degF.

They just placed a camera at the top of Mt Redoubt to observe it if it erupts. That'll be a great video to see if she blows.

Here's a link to some pics of the volcano..

http://www.avo.alaska.edu/

Looks like Bill's got more sense then the rest of us don't it Ha

Money may buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

cold and light snow here...

Yes, I got stuck trying to get out of my driveway onto my street, due to the ice on the street next to the driveway. Next time I hear snowfall is coming, I'm laying down some rock salt on both the driveway and street.

don't use rock salt it will eat the concrete of your driveway spend the extra bucks and get ice melt...speaking from experience

all chucks children are out there playing his licks

*Bob Seger

Not up there, but a minor ice storm pretty much shut down the D/FW Metroplex (where I am) for most of the day.

Less than deadly, more than a nuisance.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Got about 6 inches out side the door , but I am laid off this week so Let it snow. Now if I could have just had some time to prepare I could be recording, Maybe if I am off next week I can get more stuff down.

Lok

outside pittsburgh about 20 minutes.

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

I got about 6-8 inches of snow...but then there was another 2" of frozen ice/sleet on top...and then it rained for like 4 hours...

...so right now I'm figuring how to mount the ice skates on my truck so's I can skate up and out of my driveway. ;)

I'm going to have to dump a lot of salt & sand down before I'mn going anywhere...but hey, I don't mind being stuck at home.

cold and light snow here...

Yes, I got stuck trying to get out of my driveway onto my street, due to the ice on the street next to the driveway. Next time I hear snowfall is coming, I'm laying down some rock salt on both the driveway and street.

don't use rock salt it will eat the concrete of your driveway spend the extra bucks and get ice melt...speaking from experience

Is Ice Melt something I can get at Lowe's or Home Depot too?

I'll just use my remaining rock salt on the street then.

My understanding is that they are ALL some type of "salt" compound....though some claim to do less damage than pure "rock salt"...which may be true(?)...but still, they are all chemicals/salts...that's what melts the snow/ice. Use them enough, and they will do damage.

Also...the price of the "boutique" ice melt compounds :) is often 3-4 times more than rock salt....which may not be an issue if you have a small area and only need it once in awhile.

But on long driveways, you will spend a fortune on that stuff!

I use the pure rock salt on my driveway (which is a looooong stone driveway)...but I have a few smaller bags of the finer stuff that I use on my steps...moslty 'cuz the rock salt is very crude, and a PITA to walk on.

I don't get stuck in ice & snow, I am the master of ice & snow! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/4000/3715/54918-mr-freeze_400.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/jjobie/WinterWarlock.jpg

NOT IF I THROW MY MAGIC CORN AT YOU!!!! :mad:

Insert witty pop culture quote or reference here "_________

My understanding is that they are ALL some type of "salt" compound....though some claim to do less damage than pure "rock salt"...which may be true(?)...but still, they are all chemicals/salts...that's what melts the snow/ice. Use them enough, and they will do damage.

Also...the price of the "boutique" ice melt compounds :) is often 3-4 times more than rock salt....which may not be an issue if you have a small area and only need it once in awhile.

But on long driveways, you will spend a fortune on that stuff!

I use the pure rock salt on my driveway (which is a looooong stone driveway)...but I have a few smaller bags of the finer stuff that I use on my steps...moslty 'cuz the rock salt is very crude, and a PITA to walk on.

When I bought my sack of rock salt at Lowe's, there were indeed other anti-ice treatment products next to the rock salt. It was like $5 for sack vs. the other stuff.

My driveway is pretty short and already has a couple of big cracks thanks to the neighbor's tree root. During World War II, somebody got the bright idea to plant a MAPLE tree close to the neighbor's house - and mine too - I was too ignorant to recognize the potential problem when I bought my house. My dad advised I poison the tree, but it didn't feel right.

Anyway, my ice problem tends to be where the driveway meets the street. Fortunately, the high today is in the 45F range. But I'm gonna sprinkle more salt in that area next time, because dad won't always be around to push my car.

Not up there, but a minor ice storm pretty much shut down the D/FW Metroplex (where I am) for most of the day.

Less than deadly, more than a nuisance.

SO what part of the Metroplex are you in?

Richardson (home)/ Addison (work) here.

Whatdidyathink about that "Freezing Fog" this AM? Pretty weird.

Lynn G

Well, I had to come back eventually. Just finished shoveling 150 feet of walk and 30 feet of double driveway. Left 75-80 degree temps for this..... grrrrrr.... er... brrrr.....

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

capre,

See your in Athens. I attended there in 1966/1967 year. Didn't learn a thing 'cept chaing girls and played in the Blue Notes for the fraternities, Jr-Sr's etc.

We played a cple times at Posses place by the lake for the team ..More beer, cuter women and more bbq huh?

Remember what they said about Posses.."We don;t buy this beer we just rent it..." Ha!

Money may buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

I hate to say this but it's indian summer here, sun shining brightly...big drout problem coming due to lack of rain and snow this month...enjoying it while I can...may get some more snow next month...had a couple of light dustings around christmas...feeling sorry for you guys...
Take care, Larryz

This has been the worst winter ever. Couldn't make it into work on Wednesday. They didn't start plowing until 7AM and then they couldn't keep up. Then it rained for 5 hours. Then it froze. Now I have 6 inched of solid ice on everything. I went out and shoveled half my driveway in the rain so now I can at least use part of it.

Still have to get through February too!

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Archived