Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard Corner Group now on Facebook

felix

Hi folks - for those of you on Facebook, there is now a Facebook group for The Keyboard Corner. Nothing fancy, but I thought that we could turn others on to the cool community we've got here (I created it - want to help spruce it up or Admin? I welcome all assistance). I think that Facebook does some things really well, and this Facebook group can serve as another hub for us to point each other to cool music, cool gear, and other cool keyboard zealots (like ourselves).

There is no forum on the Facebook group - but the group is linked directly to this forum. Hope to run into some of you there!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=63372736302

(added link)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are John grabawhatever? ;)

There's no option for a discussion in the Facebook group? There are on fan pages. That was one of the thoughts I was having as a backup plan in case this place went away.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

There is an option for a discussion board - it can be turned on at any time. The intention is to supplement what is possible here, and help people who don't know about this forum to find it and come sign up here. While this forum is here, alive and well, a discussion board there would be redundant.

Oh, and yes, I'm John Grabowski. I started out as felix a long time ago and I've always kept it as my moniker here.

Like I said, I'm just thinking it would be nice to have a place we all know to go to if one day we come here and the lights are off. I understand what you're saying about redundancy.

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'm just thinking it would be nice to have a place we all know to go to if one day we come here and the lights are off.

Yep, if we come here one day and the lights are off, we can turn on the discussion board there.

That "in case plug gets pulled" place used to be Lee Flier's What The? forum, but it got invaded by spambots and she seems to have (at least temporarily) pulled the plug on it.

Things have changed so much around here since then, I wonder how many current KC members even know who Lee is. Thinking about this makes me miss the days when the MusicPlayer forums collectively had a sense of community. I'm so glad that at least the Keyboard Corner still does.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I wonder how many current KC members even know who Lee is.

I do - she just played awesome slide guitar on a cover version of the Wings tune Venus and Mars/Rock Show that I'm working on. :thu:

Thanks for starting the FB group, brother Felix - I'm in! Nice idea to use it as a backup meeting place....

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Like I said, I'm just thinking it would be nice to have a place we all know to go to if one day we come here and the lights are off. I understand what you're saying about redundancy.

Kanker is a moderator over at the Big Blue Lounge Forums..

I'll join. One thing I've found rather convenient on Facebook is for sending targeted info to a group of people that I may not have recent email addresses for and also for sharing photos. Sometimes it is a little bit of spam, but since it stays within the facebook domain, not quite as bad as sending mass emails. For example, my band has a facebook group and our drummer updates and sends out a heads up message via facebook when we have local, public gigs. When I uploaded a bunch of photos from the NAMM show, I "shared" the album with my facebook musician friends. There are some pretty cool features in facebook.

There are going to be pros and cons to anything we do outside of here. It will never happen that everyone here will migrate to the new place, for one reason or another. We'll just have to do our best when/if it happens.

Oh yeah, thanks for setting it up, Felix/John. :thu: At the very least, it's led the group of us to find each other on Facebook too.

Archived