Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Action: Nord Electro 3 vs. Nord Electro 2

Dana.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure they are the same. I'll have the chance to compare side by side before too long. I did not notice a big difference on the NE3 units I played at NAMM. One factor that is always hard to gauge is a brand new action that is not broken in vs. a careworn action that has been on the road. I'll let you know more after a direct side-by-side comparison.

I'll have the chance to compare side by side before too long.
:rolleyes: Damn you, Eric.

;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Is the E3 piano more playable than E2? I could never manage to play expressively and with control on E2.

Well, if the actions are the same, I don't think that you'll find much difference between the two. However, I can say that the pianos loaded into the Electro 3 at NAMM seemed a lot better than what I have in my E2. I'm not sure if those were brand new sounds or existing ones I have not actually loaded into my E2. I kinda lost track of the more recent acoustic piano sounds for the Electro sourced from the Stage library, since I don't use my Electro much for acoustic piano sounds.

So the responsiveness and key action experience would not be too much different between the E2 and E3, though I suppose it is possible that something else has been improved in the E3's horsepower to make the pianos respond differently from the waterfall action.

I'll have the chance to compare side by side before too long.

Buying? Or will this be your next review for the Magazine (assuming that it survives)?

Noah

I'll be doing the Electro 3 review for Keyboard Magazine and hope to have a review unit in the next 1-2 weeks. They are not going to US dealers until the April timeframe and believe I'll be using one of the NAMM floor demos as the review unit.

Eric showed me the Electro 3 And while I'm not that familiar with the action on the 2, I can pretty much bet he was getting a lot better action out of the E3.

Especially when some booth babes showed up.

http://thump01.pbase.com/t1/11/15211/4/55265538.Img_7591.jpg

What about this MIDI velocity quirk reported on the Yahoo NE2 board?

He measured velocity output as being low (max 100 instead of 127) and when a positive offset was applied the 'feel' was much improved. If Nord mistakenly grafted a DX7 velocity output to the NE3 they'll hopefully address it with an OS update.

"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

Archived