Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CL: this is funny to me.

rumpelstiltskin.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just in case the ad ever goes down, here is the text.

Creative bass player looking for an original band (rush or maiden tribute band would also work), 38 years old, has lots of experience.

influenced by rush, maiden, primus, sheehan.

have a ken smith 6 string and a fender american jazz.

Looking to jam on the weekends as i work m-f 1 to 9 pm

NOT interested in cover bands (unless its a rush or maiden tribute!)

I also can play the piano and guitar but, i prefer bass

I am not looking for a particular genre as i am open to anything that sounds good! Just realize i don't like to ride the "E" but, i do know what a foundation is!

If interested please email me.

Thanks for reading.

robb.

There's this little gem posted in the KPR CL:

Hey, how's it goin? Yeah I know, the music scene is alot of the same ole story same ole song n dance my friends. Yeah we all know the classic rock bands are doing the same and sucking at it. Lets do something more progressive like some fuckin Disturbed, Tool, Staind, Metallica(Old School), Alice N Chains, etc. You know? Shit like that is what I'm talkin about. We need to show our balls in front of their faces that we can do this shit to make the crowd more alive! For God sakes man! Women are screaming for it! So if you wanna rock and can get it together I'm your number 1 fan. I'm a drummer and lived all my life doing rock from the 60's-2000's. Now I'm only in my 30's so I'm still very young at heart. Now come on and stop being a pussy and show your shit. I mean, your balls...or something.

OK, you're not the first one to try this (I may have auditioned with his old band). There's a reason why the six live venues in this town don't feature this kind of music live. Because there are so few bars here that there is an ecclectic mix of patrons. Because on one dances to it!

Sorry, Classic rock is the only money gig in town. How 'bout forming a classic rock band that's NOT sucking at it?

Then this one on the same day.

Lets fix the fucked up music scene. Whatever you got, I can use. E-mail for details.

My suggestion? Move to Seattle! I should show up to an audition with my upright.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Yeah, I think it is funny/tragic, too.

Too many people on CL post stuff as more of a stream of (un)consciousness then actually focusing on getting their point across.

If I were an original band looking for a bass player I would cross this guy off the list; he wouldn't be able to play any Friday night gigs.

So, what he's really looking for is a bunch of guys to get together on Sat/Sun to jam on originals and never get out of the basement. Fortunately for him there are several of those around.

Here's what he should have said:

"Creative bass player looking for amateur garage band to play originals and jam on Sat/Sun only. Influenced by Rush, Maiden, Primus and Sheehan."

Then it would have looked honest/earnest instead of funny/tragic.

Then this one on the same day.

Lets fix the fucked up music scene. Whatever you got, I can use. E-mail for details.

My suggestion? Move to Seattle! I should show up to an audition with my upright.

Frank, based on your avatar I think you should show up with a ukulele and do a Tiny Tim impression. :D (You've got the hair, man!)

Archived