Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Whatta year!

Boggs

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, wherever you live, there's something nasty Mother Nature can sling your way.

(Speaking as someone who has lived in the bowl of water known as New Orleans, downflow from a volcanic mahar in Tacoma, Washington, and who has lived in various locations in Tornado Alley since 1980.)

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

We don't have tornados or hurricanes or (major)earthquakes or volcanos or locusts or tsunamis or wildfires or major floods or mudslides or avalanches... We do get the occasional ice storm and lots of snow that doesn't generally take everything you own from you up to and including your life... This year is unusually snowy but our city can handle it...
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

How much snow have you gotten up there in Rochester, how deep has it gotten?

We've been getting snow around here, but nothing, absolutely nothing, like some of the Winters I remember from when I was a kid, most notably '71 through '77, '76 being particularly deep 'n' drifty... And then there those April blizzards and snow-days off from school!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

But man...doesn't it get a bit played out having to shovel snow almost every day during the winter...?

Where the heck do you guys put all that snow?

Here in eastern NY it's not too bad during the winter. We get snow...but at most, 5-6 good storms that really require lots of shoveling/cleaning...the rest is just nuisance snow.

That's really the main "bad" weather that we get during the year.

Some good thunderstorms once in awhile during the summer...sometimes it's a bit hot/humid in the summer and then the occasional arctic blasts in the winter....but nowhere near as bad as other parts of the country.

Not sure I would want to dig myself out on a daily basis during the winter, just to get to work or to get to town or wherever...

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

In western Maryland, as of the last few years, we get a huge amount of ice in the winter, a lot of wind in the spring to knock down all the stuff the ice either broke or weakened, and then it the summer and fall about one tornndo to take out the rest of the broken/ weak stuff.

I've lived here 22 years and only in the last 7 years did the tornadoes start. TWO of which went directly through my yard!

No big snows since the mid to late 90s. 4 feet here, three feet there. Now it's only an inch here and 2 over there; I'm not complaining at all about this.

But tornadoes? Seriously? in MD?

TLN

Well, it's been pretty steady with little in the way of stormage, so it has been quite managable. We've had something like 75" this season so far which is about 24"-30" above normal for this time of year. Our normal season is around 100" total. I can remember one year getting 10.5 inches on May 10th!
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

But man...doesn't it get a bit played out having to shovel snow almost every day during the winter...?

Where the heck do you guys put all that snow?

It helps to have a snow-blower and a two-car garage; not so bad, even if the driveway's kinda long and wide. And I do not bother to do any of that on a daily basis; it's done on an only-when-it's-absolutely-necessary basis.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

24 degrees last night in the Sunshine State! I am really glad I do not have to shovel snow, etc. ewwwwwwww!

Schecter C-1 Classic & Hellraiser C-1 FR / Hagstrom Viking Deluxe / Epi. PR5-E (Acoustic/Elec) / Les Paul Ultra II / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 / Kramer Striker

Amps:eVh 5150 III

Effects:Boss Gt-10

Archived