Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

is better to do the job by yourself

simus35

is better to do the job by yourself. Because 2 month ago when i decide to buy a bass, i decide to buy one on ebay. because it was my first bass and i was not sure if i will like that, i bought a cheap on (a no name brand) and when i receive it, i saw the neck got a big curve like a banana. and i senb to the guitar shop in my town and after i week i receive a call from the Luthier and he told me he can't do nothing for my neck because the rod inside was stock. and he told me i will need a new neck. and i told him forget it. because of the price i paid (140$CND with shipping). i bring back my bass at home and i decide to buy a second bass in a guitar store in my place and i found a second hand StingRay 5 string (the OLP)wiht the neck full maple and fretboard maple for only 220$ CND. And after 2 month i decide to check my first bass and try to fixe myself. i take my key and try to move the rod and it was very hard at the beginning but after few second the rod begin to move and now my neck is ok now. Now i just need to adjust the level of the string. i just need to find on the net how to do that.

this is my little story

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd let that neck sit and rest a day or two.

You can download manuals for Fender's and Ibanez's at their home websites that tell you how to set up a bass. They really are for the most part the same (unless you have one of those '51 reissue Fenders with the twin barrel bridges, and not barrel as in "barrel o' fun").

Capo the first fret and depress the the string at the 13th and take a feeler gage and measure under the 7th fret. When that's locked down, your neck is set.

The bridge saddles should have two screws for each string, on to move the string closer/further from the body and one to intonate the string (move it up and down the length). Get yourself a GOOD chomatic tuner and play the the string open on on the 12th. They should be the same note.

Also you want to check the string height above the pickups.

Get her dialed in, then adjust to reflect your personal playing preference.

I perfer to set up all my basses personally.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

thanks frank M for the info

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

hey thanks davio is great and i understant now