Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

b-stock keyboards

hookie

What do you guys think of the b-stock keyboards from authorized dealers that come with manufacturers warranties? You save at least 20% off the regular selling price (not list). Anybody have any experience with these? Thanks.

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you're getting a great deal. I've seen some of the large internet stores selling B stock just below MAP price. Don't fall for it. You can get A quality for less than MAP price if you find a dealer that wants ALL your business. I've worked out deals with a local music store that not only gives me low prices, but great service after the sale. I also bought from a low price dealer out of state that offers low prices (below map) but the distance is too great to have routine service things done, so I typically buy reliable equipment like Yamaha from them were warranty service usually is not an issue.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

You can get A quality for less than MAP price if you find a dealer that wants ALL your business.

Yes, I've often saved 20% on "A" stock at Guitar Center.

Don't be afraid to bargain, especially in the current economy. :snax:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I bought an X8 from AMS at a good price, but it came pretty banged up. The box had old shipping stickers on it from half a dozen states between LA and NYC. The original box was soft from over use. U know the X8 is really big and heavy and it arrived with a big dent, but it still worked good. I ended up sending it back and paying 400.00 more for a brand new one. Buy the time UPS gets to my house it's been loaded and unloaded a bunch of times. It probably was not damaged when it left NJ. But when that poor UPS driver found it at the bottom of his truck at the end of a 10hr day I Knew I was in trouble! He did mark that the box looked damaged. I kept it for a month and sent it back with no problem. I was waiting for the infamous e-mail about it's damage but never recieved one. I love the new one and I escaped a close one there.

What music dealers do negotiate prices the easiest?

In my business (a ceramic tile showroom) and many others around town, the smaller dealer will show higher list prices than the big boys, but will be more inclined to deal if the owner is of that mind set.

Some don't deal, and see it as an insult if you ask to deal, but others, like myself, see it as an opportunity for an easy sale.

The big boys usually don't deal, but just read prices off their computer monitor and can't go any further.

I would be curious of any true "dealers" in the music business.

Paul

The big boys usually don't deal, but just read prices off their computer monitor and can't go any further.

I normally won't buy something for the tagged price. Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Sweetwater, etc. have all offered reduced prices or have matched (or beaten) prices I've been quoted elsewhere.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived