Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Motif?

Vasily

Hi all!

I'm looking for a synth and Motif XS looks great for me. But, in fact, this model is 2 years old already... When, you think, the next generation of Motif can be announced? Winter NAMM? Summer NAMM? 2009? 2010?

Thx! :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new Motif is at least 3 years off or longer especially considering the economy.

If you are really interested in that particular synth, cop an XS now and enjoy it for several years.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Thx :) Actually I'm a button accordion player (not professional, just for myself), and my wife spent a 7 years of her childhood in musical school. So we've decided to buy something for both of us :)

A new Motif is at least 3 years off or longer especially considering the economy.

I saw the history of this model... all previous versions was announced every 2-2,5 years... So, I just thought, probably something new is coming?.. ;)

Motif Classic (2001), Motif ES (2003) and Motif XS (2007).

Either way, I still doubt a new Motif will come along within 2 years as previously stated.

In the meantime, you and your wife can put a remix on a joyful noise before NAMM 2011. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

You might see an announcement for a new model in 2010, but then, you might not. ProfD has a point, if you and your wife want to play now, buy an XS and don't worry about what's coming out in the future. There is always be new models, you can't worry about that. The XS will serve you well.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Thx :) Actually I'm a button accordion player (not professional, just for myself), and my wife spent a 7 years of her childhood in musical school. So we've decided to buy something for both of us :)

I saw the history of this model... all previous versions was announced every 2-2,5 years... So, I just thought, probably something new is coming?.. ;)

something new is not coming

if you like the XS, buy it

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Hi all!

I'm looking for a synth and Motif XS looks great for me. But, in fact, this model is 2 years old already... When, you think, the next generation of Motif can be announced? Winter NAMM? Summer NAMM? 2009? 2010?

Thx! :)

I have the MOtif XS8 and it is a fabulous keyboard. Yamaha has announced some upgrades coming very soon for it in the form of OS upgrades. In addition, they just made avaialable 3 new files containing hundereds of new sounds, performances, samples and arps for it. PLUS, there are MANY low-cost sound banks that you can get off the motifator.com website. I suggest you visit there and see all that is available.

I don't think you need word about the XS being obsolete or anything of the sort. Yamaha is VERY committed to it for a long time to come.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Quote by DonaldM:

"Yamaha is VERY committed to it for a long time to come."

What gives you that idea? Do you think that Yamaha has gone about as far as they can go with sample based Romplers, or has the current economy will force mfg to hold back on any new models?

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Quote by DonaldM:

"Yamaha is VERY committed to it for a long time to come."

What gives you that idea? Do you think that Yamaha has gone about as far as they can go with sample based Romplers, or has the current economy will force mfg to hold back on any new models?

Mike T.

Mike, quit stirring the pot. :wave::laugh:

As a dedicated ES8 power user, you know that Yamaha is committed to the entire line. Look no further than Motifator. :D

Seriously, regardless of new product development, Yamaha hasn't typically left their existing Motif customer base in the dust. :cool:

PD

Quote by ProfD:

"Mike, quit stirring the pot." :wave::laugh:

Come on D, I like to have some FUN!

On the serious side, DOES Yamaha feel they have gone as far as they can go with sample-based synths? Just checking.

Mike T.

Quote by ProfD:

"Mike, quit stirring the pot." :wave::laugh:

Come on D, I like to have some FUN!

On the serious side, DOES Yamaha feel they have gone as far as they can go with sample-based synths? Just checking.

Mike T.

HOw the heck would I know. What I do know is that there is every indication from the Motifator website that Yamaha is strongly committed to continued upgrade and support of the Motif XS line for quite a while yet.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Archived