Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

wich speaker to choose

simus35

I just got a second hand bass combo amp(almost new) i just paid 280$ CND is almost 200$ US. is a BEHRINGER BX4210A ( I know some people will say is a piece of junk, but one of my friend got the same amp"the head only" and it sound very good with a good bass cab) The speak inside is 2 Original BUGERA 10 Aluminum -Cone Speakers. the speaker was repair with epoxy glue to fix the problem. they sound good now all low level and medium, but i'm afraid if i crank to high they blow again. and i would like to put 2 new good speaker inside and i seach on the net but every time i found only bass cab. is probably my bab english when i seach on google. can you help me to find some place they sell good replacement speaker for bass and he can ship in canada

thanks again

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks alot Sweet Willie for the link. with this i will be able to fix my bass combo amp

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

You might try McCauley. They used to sell raw speakers and they sound decent.

As a side note: My fiance is originally from Montreal but is a native English speaker. She speaks French really well though and makes fun of me every time I try to say something French. :)

My personal point of view is you should try to replace the speakers with originals from Behringer if you can.

The speakers were designed specifically for that cab. If you use something else it may or may not sound good -- a crap shoot.

It has to do with a lot of things like Thiele-Small parameters and other engineering stuff I don't really understand.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

She speaks French really well though and makes fun of me every time I try to say something French. :)

Most likely well deserved.

I only know one thing in French "Parlay-voo a homma-homma?" :freak:

Run that one by her.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

It has to do with a lot of things like Thiele-Small parameters and other engineering stuff I don't really understand.

You should. So should anyone even remotely intending to replace a speaker in any cabinet.

It's not that difficult (it's just math) and it makes you feel smart to use words no one else understands.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

...The speakers were designed specifically for that cab. If you use something else it may or may not sound good -- a crap shoot....

With my Behringer BX1200A, (aluminum cone 12 inch) and some other ones I have played, and from what I have read, Behringer's speakers are a weak point. They don't sound that good anyways, and have a tendency to pop without being pushed that hard- I'm willing to bet that's what happened to these in the first place. I would take the crap shoot and put in a different brand speaker-it can't be any worse than what's in there.

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

this is not to mention that the paper bugera speakers were probably modeled after eminence speakers. if you're really worried -- and technical -- maybe try downloading winISD to model the performance. there are a few guys on here who are speaker guys and might be willing to help.

robb.

You should. So should anyone even remotely intending to replace a speaker in any cabinet.

It's not that difficult (it's just math) and it makes you feel smart to use words no one else understands.

So how would the average person measure the Thiele-Small parameters of a given speaker, and then get the specs for a replacement?

It would be a good thing to know.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

If the Behringer cab is made with the same thought and engineering that went into my Peavey Hernia 300, then I'd expect that any decent aftermarket speaker would be an improvement; Theile-Small parameters be damned.

But before you spend a couple hundred bucks on filling this cab, maybe you'd be better off replacing the whole thing. Avoid throwing good money after bad.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

I Just receive info from beringher and the to speaker inside is 8 ohm each and connected in parallel (4 ohm) and i can not put another cab because i will go below 4 ohm. I will remove the amp inside and make a cover for this and buy a bass cab 4x10' (=4 ohm) or 1 cab 2x10'(8 ohm) + 1 cab 1x15' (8ohm) it will be 4 ohm and i will get 450 watts and a better sound quality. what do you thing about this solution, for me i think is the best

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Archived