Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help! cd burning problems

I've already wrecked 5 or 6 cdr's on this and can't seem to get it straight ... I'm trying to burn a redbook audio cd from samplitude pro. When I burn at 16speed or higher the cd works on all my cd players but when I burn at 1x (trying to get a pre-master done here) it only plays in my pc's cdrom and cd writer itself. I'm using a liteon 52x cd burner which meets all the requirements and supports cdtext burning. In wavelab it always works perfectly but wavelab keeps screwing up my track markers all by itself... such a shit product (am beginning to doubt if steinberg ever get anything straight). Anyone knows how to burn properly at 1x speed using Samplitude? Or should I just burn at 16speed? Also is there any way to create DPP files on a windows pc? Or will mastering plants accept an ISO file created with an app like nero burning rom? I bet they rather get some sort of cd image file then a home-burned cdr.
Stirring shit up since 1968

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back in the "old days", a 1 X or 2X burn was considered "best". Nowdays, for most drives, error rates are actually LOWER with the faster speeds. IOW, I'd say just go with 16X unless you have a reason to believe you're getting a lot of data errors. Your CD duplication plant can let you know if you are.

[quote]Originally posted by bassix: [b]it only plays in my pc's cdrom and cd writer itself[/b][/quote]Sounds like the 1X writing is not 'closing the session', leaving the CD still open for additional data to be recorded on it. Try this: Put the 1X recorded CD back into the CD-writer and find the Nero option to 'close the session'. If that doesn't work, re-record the CD and make absolutely sure that that 'Finalize CD (no further writing possible!)' is selected. Good luck, Tim from Jersey :thu:
Play. Just play.

Can you believe that just a few years back blank CD-Rs were $10 each or better. I used to really bite my nails burning CDs back then.
You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

Archived