Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Pups for my Fernandes Strat

mhuxtable

So my first guitar was an old 90s Fernandes Strat. Everything is just like a strat...3 single coils, trem bridge. Main differences are the neck (a little wider but faster and it is still straight as a freaking arrow...also theres only 1 vol and 1 tone.

So it still has the stock pups which are not that great. Im looking to drop some new pups in there. Im not looking for humbuckers, Ive already got a guitar with humbuckers and I like the single coil sound.

I was thinking about these.

SSL-1

Alnico II Pro

Anyone used these before? Heres my music. These would be for recording and live playing. Im thinking about modding the electronics too to give an all on position and a combined neck/bridge position. I would love the feedback and opinions.

Let me guys know what you think!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So my first guitar was an old 90s Fernandes Strat. Everything is just like a strat...3 single coils, trem bridge. Main differences are the neck (a little wider but faster and it is still straight as a freaking arrow...also theres only 1 vol and 1 tone.

So it still has the stock pups which are not that great. Im looking to drop some new pups in there. Im not looking for humbuckers, Ive already got a guitar with humbuckers and I like the single coil sound.

I was thinking about these.

SSL-1

Alnico II Pro

Anyone used these before? Heres my music. These would be for recording and live playing. Im thinking about modding the electronics too to give an all on position and a combined neck/bridge position. I would love the feedback and opinions.

Let me guys know what you think!

i like the vintage staggered. something about alnico v magnets that sound right to me. i find alnico 2 magnets to sound less Strat like. if you have an overly bright and annoying guitar alnico 2 may be helpful. i had two Yamaha pacifica 812's that had the vintage staggered and i loved them.

Archived