Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

mixer with stereo aux output

ferran rc

Hello,

Is there any compact mixer, with 3-4 stereo channels and stereo auxiliar outputs?

I want to connect 2 keyboards and 1-2 sound modules in stereo, and I want to be able to send the main mix to the PA, and also send a different mix to a pair of stage monitors, in stereo.

The problem is that most of the compact mixers (yamaha Mg, mackie VLZ...) have an aux level control for each channel, but only a mono aux output connector, so the auxiliar mix is sent to mono to the monitors.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ferran

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mackie U.420 has stereo aux outs and 4 stereo channels. You can return the aux to one of the main channels, in effect giving you 3 stereo channels and 1 stereo aux, or you could run 4 channels, send main stereo to the mains and aux stereo to your monitors
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

P.S. I just noticed this on Sweetwater (which I hadn't seen before): Mackie U.420D. It looks to be the U.420 with two mic channels replacing the first two of the U.420's stereo channels. Cool product. Given my needs, this might've served me better than the 802 VLZ3 I bought recently. Not cheap, though, at $280 street.

Use any Mackie VLZ-Series mixer. Mix your keys and put the main outs to the PA. Then route the main mix to the control room outputs und connect your monitor speaker to these outputs (in stereo).

That way you've got the same stereo mix with the same balance between your keyboard signals on both the PA and your monitor speakers, but you are able to set independent master volumes for both signal paths.

I usually use a submixer, and run my gear from their headphone outputs with Y cables into a small mixer with stereo channels then come main L+R out of small mixer into monitors for stereo. This leaves your main L+R channels on your gear to feed the main desk.

Archived