Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Line6 POD Farm.....

stamplicker

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dual tone feature is way cool. The basic amp tones are fine or excellent to my ear.

It ends there for me. :(

1) The tuner is unstable and not accurate compared to my BOSS TU-12 or even the tuner in my hardware POD.

2) The chorus models are awful...more like vibrato. I can't get a great chorus sound similar to the reliable BOSS CE-2 mono pedal.

I've pretty much gone back to Gearbox until they make POD Farm better. I've already emailed Line 6 about these things...the first time I've ever had a complaint with one of their products.

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

I downloaded the free POD Farm a few weeks ago. I loved getting the free upgrade from Gear Box. I also loved getting some of the sounds I'd been missing, including the Budda emulation, more effect pedals, and more bass amps. And the new, cleaner and clearer, 3-D-ish interface is excellent.

My beef with Line 6 is two-fold. I love my old POD 2.0, and use it for recording all the time. I do my recording through a Focusrite Saffire interface, which I also love.

I haven't been able to get a way to use POD Farm through the Saffire in both standalone mode and as a plug-in that doesn't involve having to constantly re-initialize the drivers, or that doesn't result in too much latency.

If I go through the TonePort thing and use headphones and re-initialize the drivers, then yeah, I can get it to work. But I just want to be able to simply plug the guitar into the Saffire and go, and I haven't figured out how to do that. So I've gone back to using the POD 2.0. It's easy, it's dependable, it's quick.

The other half of my beef is that they don't make it easy to just contact them and ask, 'Here's what I want to do--How do I do this and have it work?' Everything directs me to their forums.

I love Line 6, and have a number of their products, but this is a lingering dissatisfaction...

Ed

Their customer service sux big. Trying to get technical answers about gear they don't make anymore is like pulling teeth. I suspect their customer service dept is like everyone else's, high turnover, low expertise.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived