Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Some of my favorite guitar people...

mhuxtable

Looking at all the great guitar info on here it made me think of some bands that i love due to their guitarists that i haven't seen much of on here & i really just wanted to share.

MewithoutYou!!!! LOVE this band for multiple reasons, but since we're on a guitar forum I'll stick there...The 2 guitarists in this band really work well together to create a rhythmic driving guitar sound while still maintainging a bit of angularity and interesting melody. They use a LOT of textural FX (delays, filters, reverbs, etc etc) to accent what they are playing & that focus on texture realaly give the band to me a VERY distinct sound. www.myspace.com/mewithoutyou

American Football. If you're familiar with Joan of Ark, The Owls, Owen, Make Believe or Cap'nJazz, then you probably know American Football. They were the first band in the amalgamation of artists that make up these great Chicago bands. Their guitar lines are so intricate but simple and really work well with the jazzy drums. Makes me very said they're not together anymore. www.myspace.com/amfootball

Sigur Ros. I'm sure many people have heard or heard of this band. I don't think there is a band out there right now that combines ambience with melody and makes it interesting as much as these guys do. Of course, the singer is known for playing his guitar with a bow 80% of the time. They do all their own recordings and have an AMAZING studio. www.myspace.com/sigurros

Thanks guys. Any unknown gems you guys love?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Leslie West doesn't get as much credit as he deserves. I got to see him live this past weekend and I was blown away, so much that this weekend I'm going to my local music store to see what I can find with him.

Ask not what your guitar can do for you, rather ask you can do for your guitar without provoking a divorce or a visit from the police.

- with profound apologies to JFK

Looking at all the great guitar info on here it made me think of some bands that i love due to their guitarists that i haven't seen much of on here & i really just wanted to share.

MewithoutYou!!!! LOVE this band for multiple reasons, but since we're on a guitar forum I'll stick there...The 2 guitarists in this band really work well together to create a rhythmic driving guitar sound while still maintainging a bit of angularity and interesting melody. They use a LOT of textural FX (delays, filters, reverbs, etc etc) to accent what they are playing & that focus on texture realaly give the band to me a VERY distinct sound. www.myspace.com/mewithoutyou

American Football. If you're familiar with Joan of Ark, The Owls, Owen, Make Believe or Cap'nJazz, then you probably know American Football. They were the first band in the amalgamation of artists that make up these great Chicago bands. Their guitar lines are so intricate but simple and really work well with the jazzy drums. Makes me very said they're not together anymore. www.myspace.com/amfootball

Sigur Ros. I'm sure many people have heard or heard of this band. I don't think there is a band out there right now that combines ambience with melody and makes it interesting as much as these guys do. Of course, the singer is known for playing his guitar with a bow 80% of the time. They do all their own recordings and have an AMAZING studio. www.myspace.com/sigurros

Thanks guys. Any unknown gems you guys love?

I LOVE SIGUR ROS.

Archived