Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For Absent Friends - Input wanted!

Worra

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first, I though I would not like the song, but as you built on the opening and added a bit more instrumentation, I was drawn into it. Similar to late period Pink Floyd, but less dramatic.

Good job.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

This is just my opinion after a second listen, but the song starts getting interesting when the instruments are added to the guitar and vox intro, colors added to the base layer, if you will. Instead of a guitar solo, you might consider a little fretless bass tone under the intro sounds of kids playing, it's colorful but not intrusive. I recommend making the sounds of the kids playing just a little longer; by the time I realized that the sounds at the beginning were kids voices, the guitar and lyrics were already started, the shift is a bit too abrupt. I'd only make the intro 4 or so bars longer, I think the length of the song is about right overall.

I think that the intro sounds of the kids playing sets the framework of the song, good tie in.

Aagain, just my opinion. Stick with it, I think it's a good song

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Archived