Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Scratch&Dent Fantom X8 story

toad

I ordered a S&D X8 from AMS for 1650.00 on 5-payments. Got it thur before the long weekend. It came with a new corner dent from UPS(had him mark his papers).It plays and functions ok to my knowledge. No manual, No A.C. cord, nothin' but the keyboard and a very used soft box with not much pading in it. Since the box lost it's shape all of the foam had slid to one side so most of the area's was just the unit and soft cardboard.

Should I return it and spring for the G8 anyway or just keep it and be thankful for the price. :confused:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Send it back but don't get a G8. Either get another Fantom X or something else like a Korg M3 or Yamaha Motif XS. The G8 has too many issues and is too similar to the Fantom X, especially in the sound department. You could get better sounds with the Fantom X and four SRX boards or with the other keyboards I recommended.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Ok I'll send it back, and I do apreciate your fast responses. I'll probably just get a new one. yeah your right the re-sale value on my end would probably be low like 1200.00 or so, so I better get rid of it now. O'well at least I got to spend some time with it over labor day!

Archived