Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can Motif XS work as a live mixer

heehee62

Can I run sound from my laptop into my Yamaha Motif XS8 keyboard and from my 2 microphones into my keyboard and have the keyboard run all of that live sound into my speakers? I want to be able to do this for my laptop based karaoke so I don't have to buy a separate audio mixer.

I thought I could but can't seem to get it to work. I'm using a 6-pin firewire cable to my laptop. Mics have been pluged into the 1/4 in A/D left and right inputs.

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thik this will work:

Besides the L/R 1/4inputs you also have 2 ASSIGNABLE inputs. Run the L/R audio outputs from your laptop into these..you'll obviously need RCA to Sony adapters.

Then with the Motif in Song or Pattern Mode I think you can assign each of those inputs to a separate track. Check the manual for assigning inputs to tracks in either of sequencer modes (Song or Pattern). That should allow you to then use your Motif faders in your setup. Also, you can use the many onboard Motif effects to your inputs too...including the Vocoder.

If this doesn't quite answer this for you, I'd suggest you repost the question on the Motifator.com website under the Motif XS forum. Someone there will definitely be able to walk you through the set up.

Good luck.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Thanks guys. I never knew about the motifator.com forum and am very glad to hear about it.

I'd like to use a firewire cable if possible so I don't need a

separate sound card. Will ask about it in the motifator forum. I'll try the mic fix.

Thanks guys. I never knew about the motifator.com forum and am very glad to hear about it.

I'd like to use a firewire cable if possible so I don't need a

separate sound card. Will ask about it in the motifator forum. I'll try the mic fix.

And don't forget there is a small gain knob on the back of the motif for the mic or other audio input. You can adjust this as needed for input from the mic.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those who can read binary, and those who can't.

Archived