Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS poisoning causes brain damage

Ross Brown

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you get flats on that P you may find a great deal of joy in hearing those vintage warm, lardacious tones coming out from under your fingers. Down the road maybe you can pick up a J once you've saved your pennies up for a while. They *are* two very distinct sounds.

I have a P and a J and I agree with you, the difference in neck size is inconsequential to me.

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE: Last night I played with the band at rehearsal for the first time with the tapewound flats on the P bass. This is now my new favorite bass. This sound fit the bands sound perfectly. It was thunderous!!! :cool: Also, The sustain on this bass was fantastic. I wasn't even looking for it and wow, it was like a new tool. Good dynamic control was easy too!
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

UPDATE: Last night I played with the band at rehearsal for the first time with the tapewound flats on the P bass. This is now my new favorite bass. This sound fit the bands sound perfectly. It was thunderous!!! :cool: Also, The sustain on this bass was fantastic. I wasn't even looking for it and wow, it was like a new tool. Good dynamic control was easy too!

Look at that sustain, i could go out and get a bite to eat and it would still be going.........

I knew a girl that was into biamping,I sure do miss

her.-ButcherNburn

I use Fender Tapewounds on my Hohner P/J Fretless, and I am really pleased with the sound. I tried them on my fretted Jazz, but it just wasn't right for me. I have them on my Dean acoustic, and I think they're a little too muddy, I'll go back to roundwounds for that bass.

A P-bass with flatwounds? I hope to buy one next year.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

I've always been a round wound bigot. You're making wonder if I should throw a set of tape wound's on my P/J Ibanez...

I like flats and have them on three basses. I have rounds on a Schecter and a Micheal Kelly acoustic. The tapewounds are my favorite but can only speak to them on the P bass. I like having the options.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Archived